Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 433

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bonjing
Supporter ♡

#4321: Post by bonjing »

Looks like the P-5000 power loader from Aliens.

cebseb

#4322: Post by cebseb »

kcc wrote:image

Size comparison pic vs stock

I'm going to need help naming this thing..
There's a lot going on and I might start a separate thread so I don't clog up this one.
Almost everything is still being tested and is still a work in progress, but it's held up for the last 2 weeks and it's really fun to use!

Fantastic!

Looks like the Iron Giant!

I need the leg stand and scale platform stl files ASAP. Those look great! Awesome work.

thirdcrackfourthwave

#4323: Post by thirdcrackfourthwave »

Roidbot

Jonk

#4324: Post by Jonk »

What's going on around the piston though?

cebseb

#4325: Post by cebseb » replying to Jonk »

That looks like a temperature strip, so I'm guessing it's a preheat chamber of some sort for the piston?

ojaw

#4326: Post by ojaw »

So I bent my 2+ year old screen yesterday : (
Still works like a champ : )

yakster
Supporter ♡

#4327: Post by yakster »

OEHandgrinders has replacement screens with the silicon pin and replacement silicon pins. Still haven't managed to bend my original Kickstarter screen pin.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

ojaw

#4328: Post by ojaw »

Yah I have one of those on standby, if this one stops working I'll order another, for safetys sake.

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#4329: Post by mborkow »

I think most ppl bend their pins on the second stroke to expel any unused water from the chamber...so I've dropped that step. At the end of the shot I unhook the portafilter with chamber still full of unused water and I carefully tip it out in the sink. I figure this cuts down wear on the seal by half as well as reduce the chance for a bent pin.

ojaw

#4330: Post by ojaw »

I always let the arms fall on their own after the shot - I arrest it when the dose hits about 5-8mm below the cut line on a wee Picardy tumbler. My wife always likes to save the aftershot, she often bottles it in a corked San Pellegrino water bottle and drinks it at work : )
PS - she cuts it off before the foam begins