Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 432

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Cemoti

#4311: Post by Cemoti »

tv79 wrote:Been awhile since I've followed this thread, so apologies if this has been covered, but has anyone had issues with portafilter lock in even after coating the gasket with Dow 111?

I had this issue when I first received my Robot back in 2019 and (per this thread) applied Dow 111 to fix the problem. Then out of the blue a couple years later I started feeling friction and lock in would take multiple tries, but this time applying 111 hasn't made a difference.
I had this issue for a while. For me it had nothing to do with lubing the gasket etc (I've never lubed my original gasket in 18 months, three shots a day, still going strong with the og), but rather sort of overfilling the chamber, which seemed to lead to difficulties when locking the pf. Once I reduced the amount of water in the chamber a bit, things went back to smooth.

Greetings all, btw. I don't think i've ever posted on this forum before.

nameisjoey

#4312: Post by nameisjoey »

Just a heads up, Orphan Espresso seems to be stocked with some spare parts now. I'm seeing screens, gasket, and pins.

jpender

#4313: Post by jpender »

They showed up over a week ago, one day after I had ordered from cafune. Fortunately the price differential was negligible and shipping from Canada surprisingly fast. Now I have Robot seals to last me until 2027. :-)

Ken5

#4314: Post by Ken5 »

Sorry John, if I didn't post that it was in stock at cafune you could have ordered the knubs too. :(

Ken

kcc

#4315: Post by kcc »

Size comparison pic vs stock

I'm going to need help naming this thing..
There's a lot going on and I might start a separate thread so I don't clog up this one.
Almost everything is still being tested and is still a work in progress, but it's held up for the last 2 weeks and it's really fun to use!

LuckyMark

#4316: Post by LuckyMark »

Gigantor?

ziptie

#4317: Post by ziptie »

Mobile Suit Gundam
MechWarrior
Scissor Jack
The Abomination

bringyoutomyhell

#4318: Post by bringyoutomyhell »

CafeLOT RobotTO

bonjing

#4319: Post by bonjing »

Looks like the P-5000 power loader from Aliens.

cebseb

#4320: Post by cebseb »

kcc wrote:image

Size comparison pic vs stock

I'm going to need help naming this thing..
There's a lot going on and I might start a separate thread so I don't clog up this one.
Almost everything is still being tested and is still a work in progress, but it's held up for the last 2 weeks and it's really fun to use!

Fantastic!

Looks like the Iron Giant!

I need the leg stand and scale platform stl files ASAP. Those look great! Awesome work.