Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 44

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Rytopa

#431: Post by Rytopa »

Grind setting 22 around 17 gram coffee, dark espresso roast..feels like I could go 1 notch coarser for more crema.

For reference my de1 is around 16-18 grind setting

coffeemouth

#432: Post by coffeemouth »

Has anyone seen the new armored cable mod on cafelatco's Instagram feed? It looks fantastic! I was considering just getting the regular version based on users experience from this board but I have to say, that metallic cable is a real looker.

8bitCowboy

#433: Post by 8bitCowboy »

Shipping is still pretty high to the US (around $60). Does anyone know if there will be a US distributor any time soon?

bgn

#434: Post by bgn »

andersos wrote:Have to get this for the pressure gauge tube

Yup, with the previous hose, if I was to order a robot, which I may, I would have gone with the regular. But that mod may make me interested in the batista version. Very cool.

coffeemouth

#435: Post by coffeemouth »

8bitCowboy wrote:Shipping is still pretty high to the US (around $60). Does anyone know if there will be a US distributor any time soon?
That's my problem too (for Canada though). And on top of that, slap on duty and FedEx clearance fees and it's over 600$CAD over here.

Paul_Pratt

#436: Post by Paul_Pratt »

8bitCowboy wrote:Shipping is still pretty high to the US (around $60). Does anyone know if there will be a US distributor any time soon?
Sorry no interest yet for US stock and to be honest I can only make around 40 per week at the moment. The shipping weight is a solid 4kg and by Fed Ex so I think it is an absolute bargain. I appreciate that for US based people they are accustomed to Prime shipping deals etc...so it may seem steep.
coffeemouth wrote:Has anyone seen the new armored cable mod on cafelatco's Instagram feed? It looks fantastic! I was considering just getting the regular version based on users experience from this board but I have to say, that metallic cable is a real looker.
Just a slide on cover at the moment. I just need to tidy it up a bit and do a bit more testing. I really wanted a steel braided hose but they unfortunately do not come in 1/8 BSP female fittings.

murse

#437: Post by murse »

Thanks Paul.

The robot is a fun well built machine.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#438: Post by baristainzmking »

The shipping is really fast too. I placed my order for the robot last Friday evening and it is arriving this coming Monday. :)
Julia

8bitCowboy

#439: Post by 8bitCowboy »

Paul_Pratt wrote:Sorry no interest yet for US stock and to be honest I can only make around 40 per week at the moment. The shipping weight is a solid 4kg and by Fed Ex so I think it is an absolute bargain. I appreciate that for US based people they are accustomed to Prime shipping deals etc...so it may seem steep.
No worries. $60 is not an unreasonable cost for the weight and distance it's going.

I didn't know much about the production volume, so it makes sense that there wouldn't be distributors in the near future.

bgn

#440: Post by bgn »

coffeemouth wrote:That's my problem too (for Canada though). And on top of that, slap on duty and FedEx clearance fees and it's over 600$CAD over here.
You think? A hundred percent increase? (I'm in Canada also). Are there any Canadian buyers that can confirm their final cost?