Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 43

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bronsht

#421: Post by bronsht »

Yes and thanks. I had another shot after posting, and, I left the basket out of the pf. Heated the pf inside of a regular drinking cup, ground coffee into the basket. Then I retrieved the pf from its bath and put the basket into it. Proceeded to make and drink the shot. No problems. One less step to go through for me.

Javier

#422: Post by Javier »

drgary wrote:I dunno ... I set my Bonavita kettle to 206°F. We'd better compare elevation, humidity, ambient room temperature to be sure we get this right. :idea:
Sure! Three (3) feet above sea level; 44% humidity; 78 degrees F ambient/room temperature; and taste buds with at least 43 years of enjoying coffee (out of 49 years of age) due to being a grandson of coffee growers and roasters.

It is always good to experiment with variables (e.g., different doses; different temperatures; different pressures; etc.). What could taste "amazing" to someone might taste "awful" to someone else.
LMWDP #115

andresfranco

#423: Post by andresfranco »

drgary wrote:I dunno ... I set my Bonavita kettle to 206°F. We'd better compare elevation, humidity, ambient room temperature to be sure we get this right. :idea:
I think it is time to start using a kettle showing 1/10s of a degree. 205.5F may be the sweet spot, assuming all other variables remain constant...
Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571

Paul_Pratt

#424: Post by Paul_Pratt »

vit wrote:Yes, it was in Flair temperature study thread, I was indeed quite enthusiastic after getting a great temperature measurement with very flat end, similar to some graphs on boiler espresso machines, which was well above my expectations. So I wanted to challenge some Robot owners to do something similar on their machines, didn't expect that Paul was also checking that thread and he didn't like the challenge. My apologies for that
I believe you have completely misinterpreted my posts. I have never said I dislike the challenge. I strongly welcome you and anyone to play, experiment do side by side comparisons or whatever you see fit, but please do so under fair and consistent conditions. The whole "let's see if Robot users can beat that" post is quite inflammatory since I nor anyone with a machine that I know of has attacked or belittled any other manual machine, and as I said before I most certainly have not cherry picked any videos.

TomC
Team HB

#425: Post by TomC »

I agree with Paul. And I think it's time to return this discussion to the use of the Robot specifically. If you want to discuss the merits of the Flair or the Flair versus the Robot in some odd match-up, then please start a different thread.
Join us and support Artisan Roasting Software=https://artisan-scope.org/donate/
★ Helpful

vit

#426: Post by vit »

Agreed

andersos

#427: Post by andersos »

Have to get this for the pressure gauge tube

AssafL

#428: Post by AssafL replying to andersos »

That is cool!

BTW - the Robot has intense WAF. She lives the look of it and the discussions it fosters at dinner parties. Whereas the geeks like the GS3 and Versalab and the profiling modifications, everyone raves and wants to see the robot in action.
Scraping away (slowly) at the tyranny of biases and dogma.

Rytopa

#429: Post by Rytopa »

A simple video showing the work flow in my office, from start to finish plus packing up, all less than 10 mins, in the video i forgotten to tamp!!, the oops moment when i realised the tamper was still attached to the robot. :D :D

I did the over flow method, but i think it was not too suitable for dark roast which i was using, came out over extracted and bitterish, most probably too high a temp but still very Starbuck ish drinkable..

pj.walczak

#430: Post by pj.walczak »

What is your grind setting on Niche?
---

Pawel