Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 296

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
drgary (original poster)
Team HB

#2951: Post by drgary (original poster) »

To see the pressure gauge during the pull, you can turn the Robot around and lean over it.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

jordanberry
Supporter ♡

#2952: Post by jordanberry replying to drgary »

Even if you don't use the gauge this is the way i suggest you use the robot.

It's effortless to lean into the robot and get 9bar of pressure (not that i prefer 9 bar but just using it as an example).

It's really more about technique than strength.

Advertisement
redsaito

#2953: Post by redsaito »

Paul_Pratt wrote:The past month or so I have been using the new gauge. It has not turned out to be as straightforward as I had hoped but we are slowly getting there.
Hello, Paul. I am a fan of you and the Robot.
Sent a few messages to the instagram but getting no reply.
Any idea when you'll be selling the Polished Aluminium color Barista Robot again?
Thanks

ojaw

#2954: Post by ojaw »

They're all aluminum : )

redsaito

#2955: Post by redsaito replying to ojaw »

I'm talking about this color.

Paul_Pratt

#2956: Post by Paul_Pratt »

redsaito wrote:Hello, Paul. I am a fan of you and the Robot.
Sent a few messages to the instagram but getting no reply.
Any idea when you'll be selling the Polished Aluminium color Barista Robot again?
Thanks
All the info is available on the website. There are no images of the polished version anywhere and it has been that way for some time now.

I do not want people to think we ignore emails and messages. Far from it. My colleagues and I have worked every day since March with the odd half day Sundays off now and then. I wish we had the time to answer every message and email but we don't, especially if the answers are on the product page.

The polished aluminium is finished. Sure the demand is there but when I have to hand polish every single one it is just not feasible.

ojaw

#2957: Post by ojaw »

redsaito wrote:I'm talking about this color.
Thus the smiley face, I noticed you added the "polished".

Advertisement
redsaito

#2958: Post by redsaito »

Paul_Pratt wrote:All the info is available on the website. There are no images of the polished version anywhere and it has been that way for some time now.

I do not want people to think we ignore emails and messages. Far from it. My colleagues and I have worked every day since March with the odd half day Sundays off now and then. I wish we had the time to answer every message and email but we don't, especially if the answers are on the product page.

The polished aluminium is finished. Sure the demand is there but when I have to hand polish every single one it is just not feasible.
Thank you for answer :cry: :cry: :cry:

redsaito

#2959: Post by redsaito »

ojaw wrote:Thus the smiley face, I noticed you added the "polished".
Thank you for your attention. :oops:

iluvcoffee

#2960: Post by iluvcoffee »

Apologies for such a newbie question, but I'm confused about the correct brew ratio:

The online manual says" "Begin with a medium dose of around 14 g". If I understand brew ratio basics, that means adding around 2 *14 = 28gm of hot water.

However, the manual also says one should fill the basket to "around 5-8mm of space between the top of the water and the rim of the basket". When I did this for the first time, I measured far more hot water (around 95gm) so that the water was 7mm below the rim.

So, which is it, please?!