Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 266

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
MB

#2651: Post by MB »

bialettibarista wrote:Thanks for the info.Fom the pictures I assumed that the portafilter was the same height with the basket. How tall is portafilter and basket together? Do you think you could also tell me the distance between the base of the robot in the bottom of the portafilter when it is installed in the robot? Yesterday I ordered a white barista model. The soonest it will arrive is the end of the month so it will be a very long month. Thanks again for the info.
Portafilter with basket height is about 2.5" / 63.6mm. The distance from the bottom of the installed portafilter to the top of the bare base ridges is 3.98" / 101.2mm. Or, with the silicone pad in place 3.86" / 98.1mm.
LMWDP #472

shaferdaniel

#2652: Post by shaferdaniel »

I"ve seen people list general best practices with the Robot (such as 18g coffee, 60g water, 40s pull etc) but is there a dedicated thread where Robot users share their favorite beans and the specific brewing profiles they've dialed in for those beans?

Sounds like Decent owners have done this and that community can share profiles. I'd love to see that with the Robot community so I could order the beans then stand on other people's shoulders to get great shots.

I know taste is subjective and the pressure exerted by each user would vary btw, so be it, but I'd still like to hear what people have dialed in and loved.

Am I alone on this?

mikel

#2653: Post by mikel »

shaferdaniel wrote:is there a dedicated thread where Robot users share their favorite beans and the specific brewing profiles they've dialed in for those beans?

Am I alone on this?
Post your Cafelat Robot recipes

shaferdaniel

#2654: Post by shaferdaniel » replying to mikel »

THANK YOU

dreadnatty08

#2655: Post by dreadnatty08 »

gsaleh wrote:Still waiting for my Robot to arrive, but now I've got my eyes on the Acaia Pyxis. No doubt a perfect match, but that price! Ouch. I don't know if I could stomach it.
I don't personally have a Robot, but this scale looks like it should fit (I use it for my Gaggia and it works well).
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D3 ... UTF8&psc=1

Honu

#2656: Post by Honu »

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XQ ... UTF8&psc=1

For a scale I got this one (saw it on another post somewhere in this long thread) and works nicely For under $20 and fits numbers are large easy to read

Might use the silicone container for camping holding the scale and some beans ?

Has both a timer and scale that you can see at the same time which was handy to get the thing dialed in
At this point I am not weighing my output or timing just using it for bean weight
Nothing against weighing timing etc... just trying to simplify

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2657: Post by baristainzmking »

Here is the perfect little scale with timer for your Robot.

https://joefrex.com/products/digital-ba ... 3d1e&_ss=r
Julia

Uno

#2658: Post by Uno »

My Robot has been spraying coffee everywhere every time I make a shot, and this issue doesn't seem affected by the grind size or coffee quantity. Has anyone encountered a similar problem or has any ideas what's going wrong?

Tzuyu

#2659: Post by Tzuyu »

What grinder are you using? What is your routine when pulling your shot?

gsaleh

#2660: Post by gsaleh »

Uno wrote:My Robot has been spraying coffee everywhere every time I make a shot, and this issue doesn't seem affected by the grind size or coffee quantity. Has anyone encountered a similar problem or has any ideas what's going wrong?
Have you tried distributing your grounds with a pin? I received my Robot today and found that I had quiet a bit of channeling on my first few shots as I was dialing in. I found that breaking the clumps using a tooth pick helped with this.

What grinder are you using?