Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 235

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
ojaw

#2341: Post by ojaw »

heiio wrote:Also a Canadian here, looking to buy the beautiful Robot very soon. May I ask whereabouts in Canada you are located and did you buy the barista version or the regular?
Hiya, if you look to the right of my reply you'll see I'm in Winnipeg.
I got the regular with the pro basket - no regrets in my situation especially given my proclivity for Italian roasts.

heiio

#2342: Post by heiio » replying to ojaw »

Oh, I see! Thanks for the tip, newbie to this forum, but now an active member :)

ojaw

#2343: Post by ojaw »

Cheers

yihang

#2344: Post by yihang »

Hi All,

Just got the robot after paying 20% import tax from Hongkong to Beijing.....go figure.

The coffee has been great but I just found a part of the arms is rubbing and has cut a channel into the body of the robot. Is this normal? The other arm has a 2mm clearance. No way i'm sending it back but it kinda irks me this was not checked before sending it out. There must be some aluminium shavings in the body somewhere which is also annoying. I really don't want to take it apart but if I can realign it, that might be worth it.

Best,

Yihang

ojaw

#2345: Post by ojaw »

You contacted Cafelat first?

Charlemagne

#2346: Post by Charlemagne »

Just posted. Red Robot incoming? Nice teaser, Paul!

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#2347: Post by baristainzmking »

Finally! Where do I sign up????
Julia

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2348: Post by mkane »

yihang wrote:image
Hi All,

Just got the robot after paying 20% import tax from Hongkong to Beijing.....go figure.

The coffee has been great but I just found a part of the arms is rubbing and has cut a channel into the body of the robot. Is this normal? The other arm has a 2mm clearance. No way i'm sending it back but it kinda irks me this was not checked before sending it out. There must be some aluminium shavings in the body somewhere which is also annoying. I really don't want to take it apart but if I can realign it, that might be worth it.

Best,

Yihang
Mine just touches on one side. Quick work with a dremel/file on the arm should remedy this.

Bluenoser

#2349: Post by Bluenoser »

Canada buyers of Robot

https://cafune.ca/collections/espresso-moka-pot have robots listed.. both versions.. I had great customer service there.

Looks like they are sold out now.. but if you email them, they'll tell you when they likely will get more.

Ron

#2350: Post by Ron »

I use the Faemina Baby, but it's similar to the Robot. I was getting a few subpar shots and noticed that I wasn't having to press down as much as usual. I ground two notches finer for the new batch of beans I was using and two things happened: I had to really press quite hard--a lot harder than on previous shots--and the new shots came out better than ever. You never want to choke the machine and be unable to pull the shot but there's a certain range where it takes a lot of effort and the shot is the better for it. I sometimes have the same problem dialing in my HX machine but the lever lets you correct the problem by feel.