Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 233

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Jonk

#2321: Post by Jonk »

Nice mittens :D

MB

#2322: Post by MB »

Socker Boppers for my Robot!
LMWDP #472

GregoryJ

#2323: Post by GregoryJ »

Birofunk wrote:I'm not sure if people follow Paul on Instagram but there's a couple of interesting new bits in production which I haven't seen discussed on here.

Robot Mittens

Tamper
I think Paul himself showed some pictures of the self-leveling tamper. The little weights on the hand are nice, it will help my Robot drip out the wastewater at the end!

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2324: Post by mkane »

In have a question about using the tamper that comes with the robot. How much pressure is used when you tamp? Thanks

Balthazar_B

#2325: Post by Balthazar_B » replying to mkane »

Very, very little. Basically just leveling and lightly firming the puck.
- John

LMWDP # 577

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2326: Post by mkane »

And after the press, should the grounds come out in one piece like a hockey puck?

MntnMan62

#2327: Post by MntnMan62 »

I love the new "mittens" and the new tamper. Paul says they will be available in July. My birthday is in July so maybe there is a Cafelat Robot with these new parts coming for my birthday.

ojaw

#2328: Post by ojaw »

mkane wrote:And after the press, should the grounds come out in one piece like a hockey puck?
Pretty much, though the sooner you dump the less likely.
Is it important?

Balthazar_B

#2329: Post by Balthazar_B »

mkane wrote:And after the press, should the grounds come out in one piece like a hockey puck?
If you extract all the remaining water in the basket as part of your workflow, yes (generally).
- John

LMWDP # 577

ojaw

#2330: Post by ojaw » replying to Balthazar_B »

Oh yeah, since I always just pull one shot I just let the arms fall on their own.