Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 233

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Balthazar_B

#2321: Post by Balthazar_B »

mkane wrote:In have a question about using the tamper that comes with the robot. How much pressure is used when you tamp? Thanks
Very, very little. Basically just leveling and lightly firming the puck.
- John

LMWDP # 577

mkane
Supporter ♡

#2322: Post by mkane »

And after the press, should the grounds come out in one piece like a hockey puck?

Advertisement
MntnMan62

#2323: Post by MntnMan62 »

I love the new "mittens" and the new tamper. Paul says they will be available in July. My birthday is in July so maybe there is a Cafelat Robot with these new parts coming for my birthday.

ojaw

#2324: Post by ojaw »

mkane wrote:And after the press, should the grounds come out in one piece like a hockey puck?
Pretty much, though the sooner you dump the less likely.
Is it important?

Balthazar_B

#2325: Post by Balthazar_B »

mkane wrote:And after the press, should the grounds come out in one piece like a hockey puck?
If you extract all the remaining water in the basket as part of your workflow, yes (generally).
- John

LMWDP # 577

ojaw

#2326: Post by ojaw replying to Balthazar_B »

Oh yeah, since I always just pull one shot I just let the arms fall on their own.

Balthazar_B

#2327: Post by Balthazar_B replying to ojaw »

I'll usually pull a bit more air into the cylinder and push out any remaining water into a catch cup.
- John

LMWDP # 577

Advertisement
mkane
Supporter ♡

#2328: Post by mkane »

Thanks for the reply folks.

MB

#2329: Post by MB »

I think the mittens are less for weight, and more for hand comfort. Wait, maybe for Robots that want to yoyo.
LMWDP #472

Jonk

#2330: Post by Jonk »

mkane wrote:In have a question about using the tamper that comes with the robot. How much pressure is used when you tamp? Thanks
You could also tamp as hard as you want, the important thing is to do it roughly the same way every time.

If you're lucky the grounds stick to the shower screen leaving almost nothing behind in the basket. But I think it depends on the beans as much as anything so there's no sure way to accomplish it every time.