Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 198

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
doug
Supporter ♡

#1971: Post by doug »

Just went to Cafelat site and got the pop-up that our awesome Robot builder is taking a break on new orders in order to catch up on existing requests. Well deserved; don't want anyone to get burned out or feel pressure to rush the process.

equedadoii

#1972: Post by equedadoii replying to doug »

Good on the team for getting the well-deserved pub!

I did notice when website just now that there is no longer an option for the polished chrome (aluminum?) surface. If I recall correctly, Paul said a while back that it is a bit more involved to make the polished designs, but the disappearance of the chrome option is news to me.

If it is confirmed anywhere, I will go ahead and opt for a different color.

baristainzmking
Supporter ♡

#1973: Post by baristainzmking »

doug wrote:Just went to Cafelat site and got the pop-up that our awesome Robot builder is taking a break on new orders in order to catch up on existing requests. Well deserved; don't want anyone to get burned out or feel pressure to rush the process.

Definitely don't want him to burn out!! This marvelous little machine is a work of art! My fancy, profiling dual boilers will come and sooner or later get replaced by a new and improved version, but my Daisy (the robot is yellow ) is here to stay. I just can't pull a bad shot no matter how much I try!!!
Julia

jpender

#1974: Post by jpender »

It doesn't sound to me like he's resting. It seems more like he just can't keep up with the demand and doesn't want outstanding orders sitting for long periods as that tends to bug people.

Paul_Pratt

#1975: Post by Paul_Pratt replying to jpender »

Yes exactly, I don't feel comfortable taking the $ and letting people wait. So it was easier to just hold off for a little.

Random

#1976: Post by Random »

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, if not I hope someone finds this useful.

The past few weeks I have been getting terrible shot pour quality. Instead of getting a solid stream in the center, I get multiple ones. I tried changing the grind size, grind amount, I already wdt so I changed the way I stirred, but nothing helped. So I decided it must be the beans and placed an order for some new ones.

While waiting for the new beans, I tried to make a shot with the old ones and the levers would not go up past half way. After inspecting the robot, I saw that the screw in the piston was loose and sticking out. After tightening it, I started getting good shot pours again!

The screw is tightened in the picture, I finally started getting good shots again and didn't want to mess anything up by unscrewing to show in the picture.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#1977: Post by yakster »

This morning, after fixing fried eggs with cheese on toast, I pulled out the Robot for some home roasted espresso to start the day. I slid my Vario lever down to espresso range and heated the water in the kettle while pre-heated the basket in the portafilter on top.

First shot was Ethiopia Organic Dry Process Sidama Keramo followed by 50/50 Kenya Kirinyaga Kabumbu and Guatemala San Lucas Oro, both thick, tasty shots.

Cleaned up and put everything away, I love how easy this is.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

YeetSkeeterson

#1978: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

Random wrote:Had the robot for almost 2 months and I think it's amazing, coming from the breville duo temp pro which I still use for steaming milk.

But I'm getting some shavings as well. Looks like the piece that pushes down on the piston is rubbing against the body and creating a little groove. Happening on both sides but it's not as noticeable on the other side.

On an unrelated note. Those that make multiple shots, do you wipe down the piston inbetween shots?

Mine still seems to be having shavings, though they're all very small, it's hard to tell if the gash in the metal has gotten bigger or if it's paint. Regardless, it's been months now of daily use and I still wipe them away every week.

MrMaps

#1979: Post by MrMaps »

Does anyone else enjoy drinking the leftover 'americano' after you pull your shot? I was just dumping it out at first, but sometimes they can be quite tasty depending on what kind of dosage and ratio you're using.

vit

#1980: Post by vit »

I usually do it on Flair (my doses are low so there is a leftover water in cylinder after the pull), so I suppose Robot can be more useful for that due to larger cylinder volume

I actually do it to get a feeling about how close I came to overextraction with main shot, so I pull additional 10-15 ml to another cup. Tastes like a kind of filter coffee, sometimes actually not bad, sometimes mediocre, depending on roast etc ... but of course, most aroma is in the first cup

Interestingly, taste is pretty much the same if I do it 20s or 2 min after "main pull"