Cafelat Robot User Experience - Page 156

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
johnX

#1551: Post by johnX »

I ordered the Robot on Friday, November 1st and FedEx delivered it on Tuesday, November 12th.
FYI: a signature is required for delivery.

I'm having fun dialing in my grind and workflow, making some nice shots.
Enjoy!
John

Edit: it was shipped FedEx Express, so once it's been shipped, it will get here quick!

YeetSkeeterson

#1552: Post by YeetSkeeterson replying to johnX »

Thank you my friend. So not anywhere near as long as I had thought it might take. I hope my Kruve espresso glasses get here in time. Amazing setup, Robot, Kinu M47, Kruve Propel glasses. Going to be one heck of a holiday!

Advertisement
Paul_Pratt

#1553: Post by Paul_Pratt »

YeetSkeeterson wrote:How long did it take you to receive it once the order was fulfilled? I ordered mine about 5 days ago, still in the unfulfilled status. Hoping it arrives before Thanksgiving but seems unlikely.

Cheers
I am working round the clock to do things as quickly as possible. I make them all by hand and it takes time. There is a small backlog now due to 2 factors - The past few weeks I have made nothing but barista versions, usually it is probably 60% baristas. I can make 4 regular versions in the time it takes to make 1 barista robot.

The other factor is the aluminium. previously it was 10% aluminium and 90% green, now it is 50/50. And I can only POLISH (not completely assemble and test) 6-8 Robots a day.

Anyway we are expecting all aluminiums to be sent today or tomorrow and then I can start more greens.

Paul

Pingel

#1554: Post by Pingel »

Paul_Pratt wrote:I am working round the clock to do things as quickly as possible. I make them all by hand and it takes time. There is a small backlog now due to 2 factors - The past few weeks I have made nothing but barista versions, usually it is probably 60% baristas. I can make 4 regular versions in the time it takes to make 1 barista robot.

The other factor is the aluminium. previously it was 10% aluminium and 90% green, now it is 50/50. And I can only POLISH (not completely assemble and test) 6-8 Robots a day.

Anyway we are expecting all aluminiums to be sent today or tomorrow and then I can start more greens.

Paul
You could jack up the price for the Barista model and the polished version and see where that will lead you... :shock: :shock:

Rostrong

#1555: Post by Rostrong »

Anyone give advice on where to buy from a UK Perspective?

I assume most have gone for the cafelat store?
Paul posted about Germany previously.

Apologies if this should be else where.

Thanks

R

ConFlatExp

#1556: Post by ConFlatExp »

AssafL wrote:Acaia Cinco fits the area nicely.

The price is 1/ the size of the scale. Which is annoying.
Pyxis will fit for sure on the robot. a comparison with regular scale

PCJAnt

#1557: Post by PCJAnt »

Rostrong wrote:Anyone give advice on where to buy from a UK Perspective?

I assume most have gone for the cafelat store?
Paul posted about Germany previously.

Apologies if this should be else where.

Thanks

R
I purchased mine in the German shop, they are independent from Cafelat (not owned by Paul) but they cooperate and I have seen in Paul's isntagram photos of Robots shipped to Cafelat.de.

Might be slightly more expensive but you do not need to pay any additional import duty or VAT, plus you get the 2 years EU warranty. Also is shipped much faster, only few days.

Advertisement
Govind10

#1558: Post by Govind10 »

I've been loving my Robot, just got it two weeks ago! Anybody know roughly how many pounds/kg I would register on a bathroom scale for 9 bars? The manual says 17kg is roughly 6-7 bars, but I'm wondering what I should push for to try out closer to 9 bars.

Balthazar_B

#1559: Post by Balthazar_B replying to Govind10 »

6-7 bar should be enough. Anything above that is more trouble than it's worth.
- John

LMWDP # 577

jpender

#1560: Post by jpender »

Govind10 wrote:I've been loving my Robot, just got it two weeks ago! Anybody know roughly how many pounds/kg I would register on a bathroom scale for 9 bars? The manual says 17kg is roughly 6-7 bars, but I'm wondering what I should push for to try out closer to 9 bars.

It should be linear. So if 6-7 bar is 17 kg, the 9 bar would be 22-26 kg.

That said, 9 bar is neither desirable nor recommended. It's not desirable because it doesn't correspond to what other machines actually produce. And it's not recommended because there is some concern that the cast aluminum body of the Robot might be susceptible to breaking over time.

I pulled shots at 8-9 bar for a while. Then I dropped down to 6-7 bar and I can't tell the difference except that it's easier to do.