Cafelat Robot shower screen issue and question - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
yakster
Supporter ♡

#51: Post by yakster »

mustcode wrote:Also, I think my Lido (or the burrs) has some tolerance issue since the inner burr is able to jiggle very slightly, and I think that's the root of my problem.
These threads my help. I received a Lido 2 before Orphan Espresso started using Loctite to attach the inner burr to the shaft, I used superglue to fix the inner burr to the shaft in April 2017 and have had no problems since.

LIDO 2 Owner Experience

New LIDO 3 broke?
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

mustcode (original poster)

#52: Post by mustcode (original poster) »

Just wanted to give one last update on the issue. New grinder (the Apollo) came in and all my issues were gone. After all the hours I spent messing around with my Lido 2, the Apollo is a god send. Everything feels premium, the packaging is awesome, the machining is incredible, there's no plastic anywhere, and the over all grinding experience is amazing. And this must be the easiest grind adjustment on any hand grinder... you just turn the knob, no need to screw/unscrew anything, no need to zero out anything, the label is clear, step size is perfect, and I just can turn the knob to the same number and I'll get the same grind, I don't think it can get any easier than this. Coming from the Lido 2, you can probably tell how much I appreciate this simplicity. The alignment is also spot-on, the grind is very consistent, especially when compared to what I got previously from my wonky Lido 2. I choked the Robot the first time and the second time was my first great shot out of the Robot. I can't wait to wake up tomorrow and finally get to enjoy my first good espresso at home!

p.s. I still love my Lido 2 though, it has made me so many good cups of drips and I'll probably still use it, but I'll have to accept that the alignment is just not good enough for espresso.