Cafelat Robot day 1 issues - Help needed - Page 10

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
mixespresso (original poster)

#91: Post by mixespresso (original poster) »

mixespresso wrote:Getting new Eureka Mignon Specialitá burrs. Hope this fixes it. Cannot wait!
It is working! I have just changed the burrs and everything has started to work as expected. I could not be happier!

Time to make great espressos. Thank you all for your help!

Cheers
★ Helpful

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#92: Post by mborkow »

I love a thread with a happy ending!!!

Jonk

#93: Post by Jonk »

Let us know what it's like after several kilos of beans. Brand new burrs tend to perform differently, but here's hoping you've found a long term solution :D

#94: Post by mixespresso (original poster) replying to Jonk »

I will let you know :-)

Do they perform differently becuase they are not seasoned ?

Jonk

#95: Post by Jonk »

mixespresso wrote:Do they perform differently becuase they are not seasoned ?
There will likely be some difference after seasoning, yes.

mborkow
Supporter ♡

#96: Post by mborkow »

If anything, burrs should perform better with seasoning. If you are happy with them now I'd expect you to be happier with them over time.

#97: Post by mixespresso (original poster) »

One month later, I am happy robot owner...

I am still learning but my espressos have improved big time. I have not found repeatability yet, but every now and again I get really nice shots.

Thanks again to everybody in this tread for helping me to get started!

equedadoii

#98: Post by equedadoii replying to mixespresso »

I still have had issues with repeatability from time to time as well, but it does produce some quite lovely drinks doesn't it! After all these years, I still love that it is a machine w/o wires.

jpender

#99: Post by jpender »

I will also admit to being a failure at consistent repeatability. Sometimes every shot is really close and other times there is quite a variance in puck resistance. As in: same coffee, same grind, same in/out ratio but the time is 30s for one and 45 seconds for another. Is my puck prep really that bad? The bottom of the PF doesn't reveal anything. Does temperature play a role in flow rate? Maybe slight differences in initial preinfusion pressure? Beats me. I know I'm an amateur. The coffee still tastes good.

#100: Post by mixespresso (original poster) replying to jpender »

One question that I have also asked myself is whether repeatability is sensitive to small differences in the time it takes to ramp up to 6 bars after finishing preinfusion.
Maybe this is the reason why some people recommend ending the shot by colour