Building Myself A Nice Spring Lever Machine - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
AK[enthusiast]2022 (original poster)

#11: Post by AK[enthusiast]2022 (original poster) »

I have considered a hybrid boiler thermoblock machine as an option. The more I think about the complexity of building a pid controlled dual boiler with all of the bells and whistles, the more I think a dipper lever or boiler/thermoblock lever would be easier for me to actually build, and then, after a dipper or boiler/thermoblock, I might consider upgrading by adding a second boiler and sophisticated pid controls.

Thanks for your suggestion!

Regards,
Eddie G.

AK[enthusiast]2022 (original poster)

#12: Post by AK[enthusiast]2022 (original poster) »

The more I think it over, the more I do feel a 5-liter dipper would be easier for me from a building standpoint and better suited to my needs (simultaneous and powerful brewing and steaming. I have a Barista Express, and I barely use its Advanced Temp Mode, so perfect temp brew water is really of little concern to me.

Thanks for your insights!

Regards,
Eddie G.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#13: Post by pizzaman383 »

AK[enthusiast]2022 wrote:The more I think it over, the more I do feel a 5-liter dipper would be easier for me from a building standpoint and better suited to my needs (simultaneous and powerful brewing and steaming. I have a Barista Express, and I barely use its Advanced Temp Mode, so perfect temp brew water is really of little concern to me.
This is why there are not more double boiler lever espresso machines :wink:

Actually, the big HX boilers are pretty expensive unless you can find a used one that will work. You may be able to use less expensive brew and steam boilers if you are willing to spend more money/time on the electronics and control system.

The Open Source Lever thread covers those options - Open Source Lever Project
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”