Building a lever machine.... from scratch - Page 43

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
OldNuc

#421: Post by OldNuc »

You are approaching total confusion as a limit, or paralysis by analysis. :wink:

Remember, an easily understood workable falsehood is superior to a complex incomprehensible truth in almost all cases. :mrgreen:

bidoowee (original poster)

#422: Post by bidoowee (original poster) »

:D

The chances of there being a bomb on a plane are a million to one.
The chances of there being two different bombs on the same plane are a million times a million to one.
So if you want to travel safely.... always bring a bomb.

Advertisement
OldNuc

#423: Post by OldNuc replying to bidoowee »

That one made my morning. :arrow: :mrgreen: TSA might even accept that explanation and let you on the plane.

pootoogoo

#424: Post by pootoogoo »

bidoowee wrote:Tu te fous de ma gueule?
:lol:
It's the analogy with the PV=nRT law that attracted me there.
From my espresso experiments, I'm sure it exist. :twisted:

Sansibar99

#425: Post by Sansibar99 »

If only Stephen Hawking would have been an espressionist ... - we might have seen the unified field theory already! :mrgreen:
(so much of everything in the preparation of these few drops of blackness)
LMWDP #422

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#426: Post by pizzaman383 »

Sansibar99 wrote: espressionist
I love that term!
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

#427: Post by bidoowee (original poster) »

The new boiler parts are out for quotes. While I wait, a little electronics to pass the time.
The first version of the boards arrived a while ago and have been waiting to be stuffed.
I had a little trouble with the gerber file formats the first time I uploaded the files and I forget to check the "black" option for two of the three boards. That is the first thing to correct next time around...

An analog stereo microscope lent by a friend is a lifesaver for this work. 10x or 20x is so much better than drugstore glasses.
That, and a filter fan to take away the fumes, are essential equipment. I love the smell of flux core solder in the morning.

The first board handles the power and the auto-fill circuitry and can accommodate one K - type and one PT100 thermocouple analog to digital converter as well as a Real Time Clock. First test - does the LED come on? Yes!!

The second board is essentially an IO shield for the arduino, but has the primary PT100 circuit and handles the Human Interface Devices i.e. the screen and buttons on/off switch etc.

Cutting the case. The little bits of masking tape mark the faces that have to be machined so I don't make a mistake.

Slots in the end face for the quick connect tabs. I'm contemplating moving them further back inside the box so that no live tab could potentially be exposed.

This is nice and tidy compared to the beta version with three thousand cables coming out of it...

And last but not least, a small plexi bezel to cover the Oled screen.

Advertisement
Paolo

#428: Post by Paolo »

WOW!!!!
An amazing chapter..... PLUS..... an "I love the smell of flux core solder in the morning" gag! :lol:

Lookin' fine...can't wait for the next instalment.

ira
Team HB

#429: Post by ira »

What size parts are you using that you need a microscope?

Ira

#430: Post by bidoowee (original poster) »

It's fine so long as I don't sneeze.