Brugnetti Aurora Lever Espresso Machines Still in Use

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bidoowee

#1: Post by bidoowee » Feb 11, 2018, 12:01 pm

So I was thinking that it would be a good idea to post a collection of some of the other Auroras out there in coffee space. However, baristorian Pootoogoo has beaten me to the punch and compiled an exhaustive survey of every one he could find! Many thanks Dr. P! There are a wide range of machines - some in or restored to their original condition...

... and some not.

Taken altogether, apart from being an amazing technical resource, this is an incredible display of perseverance, skill and ingenuity.

The full post is here: https://smallthingsihavemade.blogspot.c ... tions.html

arcus

#2: Post by arcus » Feb 11, 2018, 12:39 pm

Nice resource. Not really that many of them out in the wild. I've always loved the orange panel/black gauge of DJF's machine.

turboyeast

#3: Post by turboyeast » Feb 12, 2018, 6:47 am

bidoowee wrote:So I was thinking that it would be a good idea to post a collection of some of the other Auroras out there in coffee space. However, baristorian Pootoogoo has beaten me to the punch and compiled an exhaustive survey of every one he could find! Many thanks Dr. P! There are a wide range of machines - some in or restored to their original condition...
One nuance, the machine of (previous) owner Wouter and (current) owner Paffee is one-and-the-same machine.
Cheers, TY

samuellaw178
Team HB

#4: Post by samuellaw178 » Feb 12, 2018, 7:44 am

Awesome list gents!

Here's one from Vicroamer in Melbourne. Horseshoe HX.

His restored version:

http://coffeesnobs.com.au/brewing-equip ... post488161

And here's another one that I know residing in NSW, Australia. :lol: This is an in-situ photo I snapped when we had our first ever lever palooza (Paolo, hope you don't mind! :p). His has a diagonal HX, and had a full passport history, initially came from the Europe/Netherlands, to NZ and finally Aus

The serial number for my Aurora is 0014787 if it's of any use. Year unknown...the only sign is on the element that says " 75 1800 watt 240V 649 JUD X1493A".

From going through the pictures, one thing I noticed is that all the steam wands and piping are shaped a little differently...hand bent??

bidoowee

#5: Post by bidoowee » Feb 12, 2018, 12:26 pm

Thanks TY - noted, I'll edit the list accordingly.

samuellaw - thanks for the additional machines. I'll add them to the survey.

Paolo

#6: Post by Paolo » Feb 12, 2018, 4:52 pm

Hi Sam! Thanks for that... 8-)

Hi Thomas! I have been told that my Aurora is a 1974 model...and yes...she's been around!

Cheers,
Paolo

Sansibar99

#7: Post by Sansibar99 » Feb 12, 2018, 6:24 pm

Hi, my former machine was sold to Tschoergen - they are identical.
But I had another one, I'll look up the old pictures and post it later.
LMWDP #422

pootoogoo

#8: Post by pootoogoo » Feb 13, 2018, 8:27 am

I thought there was some duplicates... very hard to tell.

There is another one from Montreal we forgot: the one in the Cafe Prague on Van Horne street.

Peculiar design with the glass tube in the front and strange handles.
Appears to be from 1965, according their website.

MikkelCoff

#9: Post by MikkelCoff » Feb 13, 2018, 10:09 am

Really want a Brugnetti Aurora !! :( they seem so rare

feitz

#10: Post by feitz » Feb 13, 2018, 6:26 pm

Nice machines!!!
The first Aurora in Pootoogoo's list (brown panels) has been sold to the US last year, but I have another one:
The group cover was painted black and the stainless steel feet are not original but otherwise she is in beautiful condition.
Cheers
Claus
Best regards from Munich
Claus

LMWDP #527