Brugnetti Aurora Lever Espresso Machines Still in Use - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pootoogoo

#11: Post by pootoogoo »

feitz wrote:Nice machines!!!
The first Aurora in Pootoogoo's list (brown panels) has been sold to the US last year, but I have another one:
Thanks Feitz, seems that you can not separate from an Aurora after using it. :wink:
Is it a diagonal or a horseshoe HX ? Do you have the serial and/or production year by any chance ?

DJF

#12: Post by DJF »

arcus wrote:Nice resource. Not really that many of them out in the wild. I've always loved the orange panel/black gauge of DJF's machine.
I sold that and wish I hadn't :-(. I've seen plenty of the HX version but none of mine. Not one, not ever.
"24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case. Coincidence? I don't think so."

miab

#13: Post by miab »

Hi
Can you please tell me the counter top dimensions of the aurora without lever arm? I have a large 1 group commercial machine I want to cut down in size and the dimensions of the aurora look very nice from the photos.

Paolo

#14: Post by Paolo »

My Aurora:-
*38cm wide
*44cm deep
*41cm high (to top of cabinet)
*46cm high (to top of group)
*70cm high (to top of lever)

bidoowee (original poster)

#15: Post by bidoowee (original poster) »

Thanks for all the responses (and to Gary for splitting this off as a new thread).

I have updated the list (merging duplicates) and added the machines mentioned here.

boost

#16: Post by boost »

Anyone here end up with this machine?

https://www.coffeegeek.com/forums/membe ... ell/716430

pootoogoo

#17: Post by pootoogoo »

Paolo wrote:Hi Thomas! I have been told that my Aurora is a 1974 model...and yes...she's been around!
Paolo, based on the serial numbers/years I have,* your machine (#18329) is certainly from 1982.
samuellaw178 wrote:The serial number for my Aurora is 0014787 if it's of any use. Year unknown...the only sign is on the element that says " 75 1800 watt 240V 649 JUD X1493A".
Sam, yours is certainly from 1978.

* 19359/1984 (Tschoergen/Holger machine)
22040/1988 (the 3G I'm presently restoring)
11706/1974 (machine on BarbMama)

samuellaw178
Supporter ♡

#18: Post by samuellaw178 »

pootoogoo wrote: Sam, yours is certainly from 1978.
Thanks Seb!! It's been puzzling me for a while and now I finally got the answer!

Btw, awesome work you're doing on that 3-group (saw it on another forum), superb!

pootoogoo

#19: Post by pootoogoo »

Thanks Sam. This restoration wouldn't have been possible without the help and kindness of Thomas (aka bidoowee).
I'll be able to post a picture of it fully restored/redesigned very soon. :wink:

pootoogoo

#20: Post by pootoogoo »

There was one at Bruno's, in Amsterdam, from January 2016 until May last year.

Seems to be the one restored by Vintage Espresso Machines.