Bosco Sorrento Update! - Page 9

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
RockyIII
Supporter ♡

#81: Post by RockyIII »

Phaedrus wrote:It is; the PID, Fill Controller, etc are all 120V. So is the heating element if you go by what is stamped on it. Whoever produced the element messed up and stamped the wrong voltage on it.
Just curious, has that been confirmed by Bosco yet?

Phaedrus (original poster)

#82: Post by Phaedrus (original poster) »

Unfortunately they can't really confirm anything because they're not allowed to leave their homes right now.

AntelopeCruise

#83: Post by AntelopeCruise »

Hi, I'd previously started another thread about boiler sound in an Izzo Leva - which seems exactly like yours is described, some sort of water dripping sound.

Mine is unresolved, please let me know what happens when you change your element.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#84: Post by JohnB. »

Bosco is supposed to reopen today so maybe you'll see your replacement heating element soon. As of 4/20 Roberta said her father had been confined to the house since 2/25. I imagine he'll be anxious to get back into the shop again.
LMWDP 267

IamOiman
Team HB

#85: Post by IamOiman »

I popped an email to them as well yesterday and asked what they used for lubing the piston sleeve just out of curiosity. I'll see what they say when they answer it.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#86: Post by JohnB. »

Loxeal Silicone grease seems to be popular in Europe. I've been happy with the Dow 111.
LMWDP 267

Phaedrus (original poster)

#87: Post by Phaedrus (original poster) »

I sent an email late Friday night. We'll see what happens. Meanwhile, I've been starting the machine at 3am to give it plenty of time to warm up. Despite the element issue, this machine is awesome. Simple, straightforward and whatever comes out of the portafilter is amazing. I've pretty much stopped worrying about everything in my old routine. I only use the scale to weigh the beans now. It's just lock, pull, set the cup, raise the lever, pull the cup and enjoy. While not a Bosco thing, having a machine that's plumbed out is an absolute joy. Having what amounts to a commercial cafe in our house is making the pandemic lockdown bearable.

Nick111

#88: Post by Nick111 »

Reading your post made me happy. :D

def

#89: Post by def »

Phaedrus wrote:While not a Bosco thing, having a machine that's plumbed out is an absolute joy. Having what amounts to a commercial cafe in our house is making the pandemic lockdown bearable.
No doubt -- a plumbed in and thermally stable lever machine is a luxury.

Any update on your machine and heating element? Is Bosco back to work in the shop? I would assume yes because the daily cases and deaths from Covid-19 in Italy is almost non-existent now.

IamOiman
Team HB

#90: Post by IamOiman »

Pretty certain they are. I got the response for the piston grease almost two months ago and say Dow 111 is perfectly fine to use (as expected) and they use Loxeal out of the factory.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612