Bosco Sorrento Update! - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Nick111

#21: Post by Nick111 »

Beautiful machine!

sprint jinx

#22: Post by sprint jinx »

That is an interesting noise. It as if I hear the metal stretching in its warmed up state? It also sounds a bit like dripping water in its tapping.
I will say that my PID lever is fairly quiet, once the warmed state is reached. There is always the noise of rushing hiss when temperature rises in water. But these two noises do not equal each other in terms of sound.

Once warm, my PID flashes briefly about once a second, for just a blip, this flatlines the temp, and the process is silent. However, my boiler is heavily insulated.

I second the notion of flushing all of the piping- steam, water, group, as well as letting it cool and emptying the boiler and refilling it. Trying different fill levels might yield different noises, or hopefully, no noises at all.

I use fitrete cartridge water filters, as well as a commercial sized softener, so I do not have to purchase distilled water. Well water is hard and has minerals here.

Good luck with it.

Phaedrus (original poster)

#23: Post by Phaedrus (original poster) »

Thank you Nick!

If you can, there should also be a "b" value that you can get from the PID itself. You may also find that the settings in the PID may not align with what's in the book due to a lag between printing the manuals and updates in the machine's engineering.

Nick111

#24: Post by Nick111 replying to Phaedrus »

Regarding the "b" value within the PID,not part of the parameter menu.If there is another way let me know.
Regarding the values for,

P.
L
d.
are the exact same as in the manual.

#25: Post by Phaedrus (original poster) replying to Nick111 »

So when you restart the machine with the buttons pressed, you get F.03, P, I, D, and F.04 - but not b?

Nick111

#26: Post by Nick111 »

Correct.
Machine date Feb.26,2016

Nick111

#27: Post by Nick111 »

https://www.seattlecoffeegear.com/asset ... manual.pdf

Go to p.10.
Identical parameters and settings for current Izzo-vivi U.S. specs.

Nick111

#28: Post by Nick111 »

Phaedrus wrote:

Here's the audio of the gurgle:

https://send.firefox.com/download/fb01b ... 8EpHflFZmw

Since the bottom of the machine is open, I stuck the iPhone underneath to record it. It's no where near as loud when you're standing in front of it, but nonetheless I don't think this is normal. I optioned it with a boiler drain so I don't mind doing a full flush, but first I have to wait for my local supermarket to restock the distilled water. People around here have been hoarding, it's not pretty.
Sounds similar to Izzo Leva boiler noise troubleshooting help

#29: Post by Phaedrus (original poster) »

Yes, it does seem so. I must say that it seems that the boiler fills more frequently than I anticipated. There was no solution posted in that thread. Waiting on a response from Bosco.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by JohnB. »

How high in the water level tube is the water after the boiler fills? how low does it get before the refill kicks in?
LMWDP 267