Bosco single spring

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
EspressoNYC

#1: Post by EspressoNYC »

Does anyone know if the single spring used in Bosco machines is for sale anywhere in the United States? I recently took the second spring out of my Profitec pro 800 which helped a lot... But I heard Bosco uses their own spring which if I'm not mistaken is set to 8-9 bar. Thank you!

IamOiman
Team HB

#2: Post by IamOiman »

I've talked with Bosco about this. They do not utilize a custom spring. When their groupheads arrive, they come in a double spring configuration. All they do is remove the smaller spring for the home environment/1 group machines by default, and they will shorten the smaller spring for commercial use/2 groups or bigger by default. If it's the standard spring then it's probably a 140mm spring offered for many machines https://www.tse.at/us/shop/product_info ... toria.html

Below is a pic of the big spring they do not modify, the smaller spring in the middle that is the original size, and the modified/shortened spring on the right

-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

EspressoNYC (original poster)

#3: Post by EspressoNYC (original poster) »

Very interesting, thank you for all the information!

#4: Post by EspressoNYC (original poster) »

Just curious, would you happen to know that bars of pressure with the shortened smaller spring configuration?

IamOiman
Team HB

#5: Post by IamOiman »

10-11 bars
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

#6: Post by EspressoNYC (original poster) »

Grazie

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by JohnB. »

IamOiman wrote:I've talked with Bosco about this. They do not utilize a custom spring. When their groupheads arrive, they come in a double spring configuration. All they do is remove the smaller spring for the home environment/1 group machines by default, and they will shorten the smaller spring for commercial use/2 groups or bigger by default. If it's the standard spring then it's probably a 140mm spring offered for many machines https://www.tse.at/us/shop/product_info ... toria.html
Back in 2015 Roberta told me that their springs are different then what the other companies use. The large spring used in the single group machines may be the same one they use in the dual spring multi group machines but it isn't the same spring you'd find in a Pro 800 or other lever machines using that group. Bosco sources their groups from a different supplier & they are built to their specs.

As far as where to buy the spring I've heard the factory won't supply it directly unless you own a Bosco but you could try ordering one through one of their U.S. dealers listed on the Bosco website.
LMWDP 267

IamOiman
Team HB

#8: Post by IamOiman »

That is a fair point, I did not consider or disscuss with Giorgio that the stock spring in their groups is different from others.
-Ryan
LMWDP #612

#9: Post by EspressoNYC (original poster) »

The mystery continues lol.

IamOiman
Team HB

#10: Post by IamOiman »

I'll ask Giorgio directly on FB since he is easiest reached there to see if a spring can be acquired
-Ryan
LMWDP #612