Bosco Mini - New Product

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
KanzaKruzer

#1: Post by KanzaKruzer »

Is this a new product from Bosco? Hopefully it has an internal reservoir.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/127259748 ... e&s=TIeQ9V
David

bgn

#2: Post by bgn »

Wow. I hope so.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#3: Post by pizzaman383 »

Looks more like a "small" than a "mini" but it looks good. Is seems that they are moving towards the consumer market, maybe?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

KanzaKruzer (original poster)

#4: Post by KanzaKruzer (original poster) »

I had narrowed my search down to the Bosco Sorrento a couple months ago. I liked everything but could not handle the size or plumb-in for my location. The other lever machines on my list did not offer what I was looking for. I had to rethink and reprioritize and ended up ordering a Linea Micra. If this Bosco Mini has water tank and the size is smaller, I may be able to swing it in two years at another location. Otherwise the Puristika is currently my top choice for my second location.
David

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by JohnB. »

The standard Bosco 1 group drip tray is just over 17" wide so that Mini might be 3" or more narrower if the Bosco badge is the same size as the one on my Sorrento. I asked Roberta for some details.
LMWDP 267

baldheadracing
Team HB

#6: Post by baldheadracing »

KanzaKruzer wrote:I had narrowed my search down to the Bosco Sorrento a couple months ago. I liked everything but could not handle the size or plumb-in for my location. The other lever machines on my list did not offer what I was looking for. I had to rethink and reprioritize and ended up ordering a Linea Micra. If this Bosco Mini has water tank and the size is smaller, I may be able to swing it in two years at another location. Otherwise the Puristika is currently my top choice for my second location.
I'll be shocked if it has a water tank or internal reservoir. A water tank means a pump, and pumps are anathema to many leverheads. If you don't want to plumb-in, a Flojet BW-5000 coffee system pump is $66 and a glass gallon container is $15 ...
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada

braxtonjens

#7: Post by braxtonjens »

Acculumator tank in line as well. But that's all easy stuff
“Coffee is always a good idea”
LMWDP #617

Shakespeare
Supporter ♡

#8: Post by Shakespeare »

Accumulator Kit for Flojet BW5000 Series Bottle Water Pump 1/2 liter $105.00

https://caffewerks.com/products/flojet- ... ulator-kit

I thought the Bosco manufacturing facility was small. And they produced less than 100 machines a year... it will be difficult to take on a consumer home espresso machines......I must be mistaken.

baldheadracing
Team HB

#9: Post by baldheadracing »

Bosco Mini is (probably) a dipper, so no accumulator tank is needed (or useful).
-"Good quality brings happiness as you use it" - Nobuho Miya, Kamasada
★ Helpful

mathof

#10: Post by mathof »

baldheadracing wrote:I'll be shocked if it has a water tank or internal reservoir. A water tank means a pump, and pumps are anathema to many leverheads. If you don't want to plumb-in, a Flojet BW-5000 coffee system pump is $66 and a glass gallon container is $15 ...
Pumps are disliked because the noise they make interrupts the tranquility provided by a silent machine. But wouldn't the Flojet pump also make an audible sound?