Bosco Mini - New Product - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#21: Post by JohnB. »

poison wrote:It'll be around $3100.
Where did you get that price? It's hard to believe that putting all the same components in a slightly smaller case would shave $1500 off the price of a Sorrento.
LMWDP 267

CaptainAhab

#22: Post by CaptainAhab »

JohnB. wrote:There looks to be plenty of space up top to keep your cups warm. I imagine that the top cover has holes in it just like the Sorrento. The 6 ltr boiler puts out more then enough heat to keep cups warm.
Post edited for clarity. Traditional single group sorrentos have the option for a steam activated cup warmer. With the smaller case they lost space for this plumbing. Yes it's no problem to warm cups on nearly any espresso machine but with steam you can put a few cups on top and instantly warm them vs radiantly warm them over 30 min.
ribbon of darkness over me

poison

#23: Post by poison »

JohnB. wrote:Where did you get that price? It's hard to believe that putting all the same components in a slightly smaller case would shave $1500 off the price of a Sorrento.
My mistake, I just went back and checked the email from Bosco: ~3100 Euro.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#24: Post by JohnB. replying to poison »

That's still only $3350 but shipping adds another $500 plus Customs fees/duties.
LMWDP 267

poison

#25: Post by poison »

Sorrento is 3600 Euro, but I'm not sure about local vendor pricing, or import duties.

$400 buys a wafo basket and normcore tamper. :twisted:

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#26: Post by JohnB. replying to poison »

Local vendor pricing in the U.S. has been high in the past. Buying direct from Bosco is the cheapest option but if you have a U.S. distributor near you they normally tell you to go through them.
LMWDP 267

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#27: Post by JohnB. »

poison wrote:$400 buys a wafo basket and normcore tamper. :twisted:
Or a lifetime supply of EPNW HQ baskets, decent tamper, good scale, leveler & lots of coffee.
LMWDP 267

poison

#28: Post by poison »

Seems legit to me. If I were designing my dream kitchen, around the coffee setup of course, I could see wanting the bigger machine, but in every other case I'd save the cash and do all that stuff you mentioned, haha.

CaptainAhab

#29: Post by CaptainAhab »

The information I have is contrary to what I'm seeing here. These machines are essentially +/- 100€ apart. This makes sense as there are the same build components and likely more labor in the smaller machine as producing anything for the first time is rife with inefficiencies.

It basically comes down to a larger or smaller footprint machine working for your situation: no free lunch.
ribbon of darkness over me

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#30: Post by JohnB. »

CaptainAhab wrote:The information I have is contrary to what I'm seeing here. These machines are basically +/- 100€ apart. This makes sense as there are basically all the same build components and likely more labor in the smaller machine as producing anything for the first time is rife with inefficiencies.

It basically comes down to a larger or smaller footprint machine working for your situation: no free lunch.
Where are you getting pricing?
LMWDP 267