Bosco 1-Group vs Profitec Pro 800 - Page 9

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
LObin

#81: Post by LObin »

That's a decent size kitchen there! :D

I think a 1 group bosco with wood accents, on the right side of the sink would look great.

I would only consider a 2 group on a coffee bar. It's just so big for a kitchen...

Plus, with the big Bosco boiler and the cool idling bosco group, how often is the 2nd group really going to come in handy...?

What's an average rebound time for the Bosco group? Maybe JohnB can chime in on that one...

Even though we have yet to see the final product, a Lapera could very well just as nice of an addition to this gorgeous new kitchen... just saying!

Cheers!
LMWDP #592

IamOiman
Team HB

#82: Post by IamOiman »

LObin wrote:What's an average rebound time for the Bosco group?
I've pulled consistent shots every 3-4 minutes, which gives me enough time to dump the puck, milk prep for the prior pull, and grind the next shot.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

Balthazar_B

#83: Post by Balthazar_B replying to IamOiman »

And twice that with the double-spouted portafilter. But even so, if I were often preparing rounds of coffee (or affogatos) for 8 or more people, I'd much prefer having 2 groups.
- John

LMWDP # 577

LObin

#84: Post by LObin »

IamOiman wrote:I've pulled consistent shots every 3-4 minutes, which gives me enough time to dump the puck, milk prep for the prior pull, and grind the next shot.
So def, the question is:
How many lattes can you make in 3 minutes? :wink:
LMWDP #592

IamOiman
Team HB

#85: Post by IamOiman »

LObin wrote:So def, the question is:
I have a triple spout + basket I could use, so at least 3...
Balthazar_B wrote:And twice that with the double-spouted portafilter. But even so, if I were often preparing rounds of coffee (or affogatos) for 8 or more people, I'd much prefer having 2 groups.
Gaggia Tell has entered the chat.
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

def (original poster)

#86: Post by def (original poster) »

@IamOiman. I think this is a 48 inch Viking range. I have only seen the home once, and the photo is from the listing. I love to cook also, and I am excited to use it.

If I can easily add a 220V circuit, I will likely order a 2 group Bosco although I do need to check the counter space. I agree with you Jonathan -- I don't want to overwhelm the kitchen with a monster espresso machine. (I should have bought that two group Sorrento on eBay in December, but I was unable to make a road trip to Kansas to pick it up.)

def (original poster)

#87: Post by def (original poster) »

I think Dritan makes about eight or ten lattes in less than 5 minutes. I'll have to check out his workflow and see if I can mimic it on a two group machine (for espresso clinics/big parties)

Nick111

#88: Post by Nick111 »

Great kitchen,great space.
A two group Bosco to the right of the sink.

I take the opportunity to thank you for all your thoughts on the Leva and LSM.
I bought one because of all the info you shared.I am extremely pleased.

Wish you great shots and great times at your new espresso bar. :D

espressotime

#89: Post by espressotime »

LObin wrote:So def, the question is:
It takes about 2.5 minutes to make 4 espessos in about 2,5 minutes.So in three minutes I can make 4 cappus without pushing.

espressotime

#90: Post by espressotime »

def wrote:Funny you should ask. Not quite, but soon. I had to buy a new home with sufficient height for a Bosco first. Our home purchase should be complete by March 12.

Above is the kitchen of our soon to be new home which appears to have been designed with a Bosco Sorrento in mind. :D Only two questions remain:
  1. Which side of the (big) sink should I locate it?
  2. Should I buy a single or two group Sorrento?
Meanwhile, I am using and enjoying the espresso from my Izzo Alex Leva. The Pro 800 needs to go on sale soon and will be deeply discounted. I will probably keep the Leva, or I may give it to my daughter. I think the Bosco is THE ultimate espresso machine for me, however the Leva is an excellent machine. The only thing I do not like about the LSM group is the design of the cylinder and shower screen with retainer clip; this combination traps/attracts too much ground coffee and requires cleanup beyond a quick flush between shots. If it were not for this messy shower screen design, the Leva would be the best machine for me. I am hoping that the Bosco has similar thermal stability as the Leva.
Looks impressive.
As a european I'm interested in american housing.
Do you have more pics of your soon to be house?
And could you give me an idea what your house has cost?
Thanks.