Bosco 1-Group vs Profitec Pro 800 - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#51: Post by JohnB. »

With the feet screwed fully in the height from the counter to to the top of edge of the case is 18.5"/469mm. With the feet at there lowest position you would have 1" under the case sides.
LMWDP 267

def (original poster)

#52: Post by def (original poster) »

JohnB. wrote:With the feet screwed fully in the height from the counter to to the top of edge of the case is 18.5".
Thank you. Not as bad as I thought, but I would need to have them shorten the feet about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.

truemagellen

#53: Post by truemagellen replying to def »

You could probably ask for shorter feet. I bet they would accommodate you. This is a big reason I almost went with Bosco before focusing on LSM group, easier to do customizations. Panel color. Etc.

Izzo you can get different handles and add bottomless portafilter.

Pro 800 is off the shelf only

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#54: Post by JohnB. »

def wrote:Thank you. Not as bad as I thought, but I would need to have them shorten the feet about 1/2 to 3/4 inch.
They may have shorter feet but that would only leave you 1/2"-1/4" of space under the machine case. The bottom under the boiler is open so there is space inside so it depends how you are running your water feed & drain. Coming up through your counter or stand from below would be fine. You could just remove the stock feet & put short pads under the corners??
LMWDP 267

def (original poster)

#55: Post by def (original poster) »

My current setup is like this. You can see the drip tray line and water supply at the left-rear of the machine. So I need some space underneath the machine to route the plumbing to the rear. An elbow connector for the supply and drain lines would probably allow shorter feet.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#56: Post by pizzaman383 »

For the smallest size lever you can always build one :D
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

[creative nickname]

#57: Post by [creative nickname] »

I really don't see the argument that a long pressurestat cycle tells you anything useful about brew temp stability. If anything it makes it more likely that group temp will be following a cyclic pattern as well.

The more relevant data for this purpose would be a narrow deadband on the pressurestat or even better a nice steady temp on the group itself over several pressurestat cycles as measured with a thermocouple.

And for what it is worth, I have found that it is not hard to taste the difference that a .1 bar variance in boiler pressure makes when using the Pro 800. That is smaller than the deadband of most pressurestats. I've found shot to shot variation to be smaller using the Pro 800 than using my other spring lever machines, and I think its better temp stability could be part of the explanation.
LMWDP #435

CharacterZero

#58: Post by CharacterZero »

def wrote: image
Why is there water dripping off your PID controller?

def (original poster)

#59: Post by def (original poster) replying to CharacterZero »

that water is coming off the drip pan/funnel. no big deal -- I either overfilled it while flushing or I moved the drip dray, which moved the hole away from the drip pan.

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#60: Post by JohnB. »

[creative nickname] wrote:I really don't see the argument that a long pressurestat cycle tells you anything useful about brew temp stability. If anything it makes it more likely that group temp will be following a cyclic pattern as well.
Who was making that argument?? All it tells you is that the insulated boiler is holding it's temp well. As for the group temp I've scace tested my Bosco a number of times & the results are consistent. As for being able to taste a .1b difference in the cup I find that very hard to believe.
LMWDP 267