Bezzera Family Lever Restoration - Page 3

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
beer&mathematics

#21: Post by beer&mathematics »

Great job!!!! I love that you kept the original orange color with the new powder coat. The machine looks lovely.

Have you made some espresso yet?

Also, I'm a bit jealous that I have a Bezzera that has been part of the slowest refurb ever. I can look up my old threads to see when I started but :oops:
LMWDP #431

Stickino

#22: Post by Stickino »

Congrats Wijmaar,that certainly was a great score to find on Craig's list. I have the same machine that I purchased brand new from a supplier outside my home town,which has since gone out of business.Your restoration skills are in a league of their own. I was wondering if you could supply me with name of the vendor that you were able to purchase a portafilter set up that fits our machine. That is the one drawback I have experienced when pulling shots for my pals at the table,just making them one at a time..The few vendors left in my area that repair machines and supply parts,look at me as if I have two heads when I tell them I have a "Bezzera Famiglia ", machine.(They are more interested in trying to sell me a new machine,than helping me locate what I need).It is my understanding that these machines were manufactured and badged for other companies,aside from Bezzera.Bezzera definitely has the best logo,hands down.Any assistance with this would be most appreciated.Hoping to hear back from you.
Respectfully,
Paulie Stickino

tifoso in queens

#23: Post by tifoso in queens »

Hi,

I have this machine, and the Olympia portafilters work with it. You can get them from various places, including Cerini in NYC and Creativewerk on Etsy.

James

bcrdukes

#24: Post by bcrdukes replying to tifoso in queens »

Would the Olympia portafilters work on the recent "Pontevecchio Export" ?
LMWDP #685

beer&mathematics

#25: Post by beer&mathematics replying to bcrdukes »

No. Ponte Vecchio is 45 mm which is smaller than the Cremina which is 49 mm.

The Creative Werk bottomless pf works on the Bezzera family lever, so give it a try
LMWDP #431

IamOiman
Team HB

#26: Post by IamOiman »

beer&mathematics wrote:The Creative Werk bottomless pf works on the Bezzera family lever, so give it a try
That's the Cremina Creative Werk pf right?
-Ryan
Using a spice grinder violates the Geneva Convention
LMWDP #612

tifoso in queens

#27: Post by tifoso in queens »

Yes! I have the same one.

beer&mathematics

#28: Post by beer&mathematics »

IamOiman wrote:That's the Cremina Creative Werk pf right?
Yup! Sometimes he labels it as a Elekra MCAL since the old
Group was 49mm as well IIRC.
LMWDP #431

Stickino

#29: Post by Stickino »

Bongiorno Tifoso,Thanks for the heads up on the portafilter for our "La famiglia" machines. I'll look em up online

Stickino.