Baby Lusso pipe on bottom of boiler has a pinhole leaking water

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Vishnu

#1: Post by Vishnu »

Can i get replacement parts for this or weld it?

aaronmaestri

#2: Post by aaronmaestri »

you could try silver soldering over the hole if it is truly a pin hole, but if the pipe has corroded or deteriorated you might be better off making up a new pipe

Vishnu

#3: Post by Vishnu »

Thats the pipe in the picture but my one has a tiny hole in it.. what is it called to order a new one or how would i replace it?

RobAnybody

#4: Post by RobAnybody »

It is called a pressostat tube, you can buy it for instance here;
https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/en/r ... cconi.html
I would contact the company first to see if this type also fits your machine (it doesn't have the bend though that would be easily made)
Cheers,
Rob
LMWDP #647

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Nunas »

If it were my machine and a replacement tube was either hard to find or expensive, I would not hesitate to silver solder (low-temp brazing) it, providing the rest of the tube looks sound. I wonder how it got a pinhole in the first place.

Vishnu

#6: Post by Vishnu »

Its a old machine over time a slight leak.. caused a spark in the electrical.. Right now I used JB weld to seal it and seems to work..
I do want to replace the tube..

Vishnu

#7: Post by Vishnu »

Ok order the pipe from them.. Thanks
I reached out and they said i just have to put a bend in the pipe and it easy to do..

bobpaule

#8: Post by bobpaule »

RobAnybody wrote:It is called a pressostat tube, you can buy it for instance here;
https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/en/r ... cconi.html
I would contact the company first to see if this type also fits your machine (it doesn't have the bend though that would be easily made)
Cheers,
Rob
That is a decent business, they respond to emails fast and have reasonable prices, I get my Ponte Vecchio parts there.
Never get between a man and his ristretto, ever!