Baby Lusso pipe on bottom of boiler has a pinhole leaking water

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Vishnu

#1: Post by Vishnu »

Can i get replacement parts for this or weld it?

aaronmaestri

#2: Post by aaronmaestri »

you could try silver soldering over the hole if it is truly a pin hole, but if the pipe has corroded or deteriorated you might be better off making up a new pipe

Vishnu (original poster)

#3: Post by Vishnu (original poster) »

Thats the pipe in the picture but my one has a tiny hole in it.. what is it called to order a new one or how would i replace it?

RobAnybody

#4: Post by RobAnybody »

It is called a pressostat tube, you can buy it for instance here;
https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/en/r ... cconi.html

I would contact the company first to see if this type also fits your machine (it doesn't have the bend though that would be easily made)
Cheers,
Rob
LMWDP #647

Nunas
Supporter ♡

#5: Post by Nunas »

If it were my machine and a replacement tube was either hard to find or expensive, I would not hesitate to silver solder (low-temp brazing) it, providing the rest of the tube looks sound. I wonder how it got a pinhole in the first place.

Vishnu (original poster)

#6: Post by Vishnu (original poster) »

Its a old machine over time a slight leak.. caused a spark in the electrical.. Right now I used JB weld to seal it and seems to work..
I do want to replace the tube..

Vishnu (original poster)

#7: Post by Vishnu (original poster) »

Ok order the pipe from them.. Thanks
I reached out and they said i just have to put a bend in the pipe and it easy to do..

bobpaule

#8: Post by bobpaule »

RobAnybody wrote:It is called a pressostat tube, you can buy it for instance here;
https://www.lamacchinadelcaffe.com/en/r ... cconi.html
I would contact the company first to see if this type also fits your machine (it doesn't have the bend though that would be easily made)
Cheers,
Rob
That is a decent business, they respond to emails fast and have reasonable prices, I get my Ponte Vecchio parts there.
Never get between a man and his ristretto, ever!

Vishnu (original poster)

#9: Post by Vishnu (original poster) »

I replaced the pipe but broke one while bending it .. Second pipe i got I heated it with a torch and it bent smoothly..

Now the pressure only goes to .75 bar and only goes back on when down to zero bar..
Any suggestions? I'm ssure it is not the pressure element as i took it off to test and it still went to only .75 bar..

bobpaule

#10: Post by bobpaule replying to Vishnu »

Bad pressurestat assuming grankids cannnot hear her hissing?
Never get between a man and his ristretto, ever!