Baby Faema Replacement Gasket

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Pesa

#1: Post by Pesa »

Hi all. This is my first post in this forum and I hope it doesn't break any rule by the moderators.

I received my Baby Faema yesterday from an eBay purchase. While the overall condition is really nice for the age, unfortunately the gasket comes with a slight deformity; making it impossible to get a good seal.

Based from available info, a replacement gasket would be almost impossible to get although there are some workaround solutions involving modifying stock gasket. Out of curiosity, I asked around my engineering contacts this morning to see whether it's possible to do exact remake of the original gasket.

Interestingly enough, it's possible make exact gasket using food grade silicone. The only catch: MOQ is around 50pcs and it'll cost roughly €25/set to be manufactured. It's definitely more expensive than existing walk around solution but would anyone here be interested in it? I would like to gauge the interest to make a batch of these.

The main objective is to keep the Baby operating as long as possible and the gasket seems to be the only thing needing replacement for most of these beauties. If there's enough interests in it, I'd be willing to help other Baby owners in manufacturing a batch of replacement gasket. Do share your thoughts on the matter.

yakster
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by yakster »

Check this out for more info, maybe the gaskets he sells could work, you should email Francesco. Also, please post a picture of your baby. I always wanted one to go with my Faema Faemina, but went the route of going with a Robot instead to avoid the gasket issue.

http://www.francescoceccarelli.eu/Faidate/diy-faema.htm
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Pesa (original poster)

#3: Post by Pesa (original poster) »

Yes I did. This is the walk around solution for it. Still needs a bit of modification. I don't think anyone is making the original spec gasket which why I asking is there such a demand for it.

larrbo

#4: Post by larrbo »

I'm interested!

There was a group buy for a replacement gasket several years back, but no other viable alternatives since then. Francesco's gasket set is functional, but the original gasket also covered the aluminum piston for heat retention. I'd love for OEM-style gaskets to be readily available, as this is the only part needed to keep Faema Baby's up and running forever.

beer&mathematics

#5: Post by beer&mathematics »

Yes I'm interested! I've been waiting for years for someone to do this so I'd be happy to buy extra to help get this project going :)
LMWDP #431