Asking advice about vintage lever - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Lambretta58 (original poster)
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by Lambretta58 (original poster) »

Thanks!

Pretty safe bet our paths have crossed at band camp,
I started both band camp and PVSC. I probably know your face and scooters but can't put your name with a face.
LMWDP #675

sprint jinx

#12: Post by sprint jinx »

Paul?

Porter - BC- 2017

Current Rig: 1992 R100RS

Coffee related content: Home built Conti lever

drgary
Team HB

#13: Post by drgary »

That Conti lever is different! I'll bet it pulls great shots, especially since you've equipped it with a PID.
Gary
LMWDP#308

What I WOULD do for a good cup of coffee!

sprint jinx

#14: Post by sprint jinx »

That Conti lever is different! I'll bet it pulls great shots, especially since you've equipped it with a PID.

You have to dance with anybody that is available.
It does produce nice shots that vary as the coffee input changes- the push button temperature adjustment is awesome.

The boiler is approaching scuba tank size, but, I've wrapped it so well that there is not too much heat loss- and its 220v powered. It fires up in less than 15 minutes and has been non stop for over a year now.

I had to make the frame myself, as it was missing. Its just bar stock and 90 degree lengths for the main cube. I blanked off the second lever port with a thick disc of silicone and a strong disc of steel. I did some careful measuring in cad prior to the assembly, which made the welding very simple. I actually made a cardboard mock up just to ensure that the boiler was going to fit inside- with the proper mounting points.

Its not pretty- nor refined, but, it does great on the function side.

Peppersass
Supporter ❤

#15: Post by Peppersass »

Speaking of vintage, here's my 1974 BMW R90/6:

Except for a couple of test rides after getting it running every decade or so, haven't ridden it in 25 years. Would like to find a nice home for it, but feel I'd do a little better on the price if I got it running again. :?

XS750AU

#16: Post by XS750AU »

Looks like there is a common theme here, motorbikes and espresso machines. :D

As the Microcimbali I bought is still stuck in Italy, I just bought a Cappuccino Amore CE-14 C (Chrome) out of the US which is now on its way down under.

espressotime

#17: Post by espressotime »

My 1979 shovel.
Own that tractor exactly 30 years now.

espressotime

#18: Post by espressotime »

Peppersass wrote:Speaking of vintage, here's my 1974 BMW R90/6:

Except for a couple of test rides after getting it running every decade or so, haven't ridden it in 25 years. Would like to find a nice home for it, but feel I'd do a little better on the price if I got it running again. :?
Still remember the cops riding those beasts in my homecountry.

espressotime

#19: Post by espressotime »

Nope.
They rode the R 75.