Announced: Argos lever espresso machine by Odyssey Espresso - Page 25

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Jeff
Team HB

#241: Post by Jeff »

For those curious about the details of the update, it is posted as the September 15th entry at https://www.odysseyespresso.com/blog

PedrO

#242: Post by PedrO »

I am still waiting for the auto fill option, but that is not selectable yet, is it?

palica

#243: Post by palica »

The auto-fill will be available later (field installed). I asked the question because I want the option too.

ramassen

#244: Post by ramassen »

Like PedrO and palicia who posted before this, I ordered the Argos because it promised a plumbed in option.

Regarding the plumbed in or auto fill option From the FAQ on the Argos web sight:

DOES THE ARGOS SUPPORT A DIRECT PLUMB IN OPTION?
That will be a separate add on that will be available once it's been thoroughly tested. All machines will be capable but it will require a different control software along with an additional valve and fittings.

I am not sure if Ross plans on sending the machine I purchased without this option installed as they start get produced. Or if he will be holding my order until he gets that option perfected so it will have the hardware and software installed?

I do not see a way to add it as an add on to my order.

I would appreciate clarity on this, Roy

ramassen

#245: Post by ramassen »

Good news for those interested in the plumbed in option.

I sent an email this morning asking about the option and in a few minutes I received an email back from William. That was the quickest response from a company I ever got!

"The plumb in / autofill won't be complete before machines ship but all existing machines will be able to have it added on after the fact once we have it finalized.

Hope that clears things up. We'll update our FAQ as well.

Thanks,

William"

Also got this email from Ross a bit later in response to my inquiry:

"We very well might have the plumb in option ready before shipping but if not it won't be much longer after we start. We've just got to get the rest of our production parts purchased before we can finish testing the system.

I'll be pushing hard to have it completed before but as William mentioned, all machines will be capable of plumbing in, it's just a matter of having the additional hardware mounted. I'm pushing to start testing the setup in October and will post progress updates as we work through it.

Thanks,
Ross"

bgn

#246: Post by bgn »

I'm a little confused by the update. It says to not wait to confirm order details, then it says to expect an email with order details and asking not to contact unless necessary.

Jeff
Team HB

#247: Post by Jeff »

If you know you need to make a change, contact Odyssey/Ross sooner than later. Don't wait for the confirmation email.

When you get an email describing your order, if it is correct, it is my understanding that you can (and should) sit back and have a coffee. 800 "Great, thanks" emails would be a pain to go through! If you need to make a change, contact Odyssey.

Enea

#248: Post by Enea »

Anyone else wondering why "Source boiler funnel" is so difficult? :D

another_jim
Team HB

#249: Post by another_jim »

Enea wrote: .. wondering why "Source boiler funnel" is so difficult? :D
It may be better to have a machine built by someone who's questing for the holy grail of boiler funnels rather than one who orders 50 dozen plastic funnels from Ali-Baba. I'd certainly do the latter; which is why I stay away from making things.
Jim Schulman

DanielG415

#250: Post by DanielG415 »

I would assume it's because the task is an easy one and that it will be reserved for after the more difficult ones are completed.