Argos lever espresso machine by Odyssey Espresso - Page 18

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
tompoland

#171: Post by tompoland »

Tjyven wrote:Off topic but curious which lever machines you owned? Interesting to see what users think of their machines.
First lever was a La Pavoni Professional. A Flair Signature Pro which I use for travel. An Izzo Valexia and now of course the Strietman CT2. I have the Argos and a Nurri Lava S.A. on pre order. (I have a DE1XL, a Portapresso also). My favourite is without question ismthe Strietman. My preferred style is a thick medium to dark espresso and I find that with the right puck prep the Streitman delivers every time.
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.

Tjyven

#172: Post by Tjyven » replying to tompoland »

Really interesting, even though I find the Strietman rather expensive it sounds lite it is worth it. Will be interesting to see how you compare it with the Argos and Nurri. Btw, you prefer it over the DE1XL too?

Amberale

#173: Post by Amberale »

pizzaman383 wrote:The problem I am talking about is that going slow as the piston just starts to open the hole can cause a downward jet that disturbs the pu k. This is somewhat dependant on the seal, piston, and shower screen geometry.
Would this still be the case with open boilers like the Strietman and Caravel?

tompoland

#174: Post by tompoland »

Tjyven wrote:Really interesting, even though I find the Strietman rather expensive it sounds lite it is worth it. Will be interesting to see how you compare it with the Argos and Nurri. Btw, you prefer it over the DE1XL too?
Agree it will be interesting. And yes, I like the DE1Xl a lot but I am in love with the Streitman :D
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.

tompoland

#175: Post by tompoland »

Amberale wrote:Would this still be the case with open boilers like the Strietman and Caravel?
Amberale you old rogue. Hello again. Don't know about the Carvel but with the Streitman it's not an issue so long as you take 4 to 6 seconds to lift the lever.
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.

pizzaman383
Supporter ♡

#176: Post by pizzaman383 »

Amberale wrote:Would this still be the case with open boilers like the Strietman and Caravel?
I don't think so. It is water coming in at high pressure but open boilers don't feed such high pressure.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

tompoland

#177: Post by tompoland »

PS I'm not suggesting that the Streitman is better than the DE1. The latter is a remarkable machine and probably the ultimate for trying different styles. So please take my preference in the context of my preference for medium/dark roast thick syrupy style espresso :D
Some people drink coffee to wake up, I wake up to drink coffee.

User avatar
yakster
Supporter ♡

#178: Post by yakster »

pizzaman383 wrote:The problem I am talking about is that going slow as the piston just starts to open the hole can cause a downward jet that disturbs the pu k. This is somewhat dependant on the seal, piston, and shower screen geometry.
This is one reason I may pick up a puck screen if I start using my old Faema Faemina lever again.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Amberale

#179: Post by Amberale »

tompoland wrote:Amberale you old rogue. Hello again. Don't know about the Carvel but with the Streitman it's not an issue so long as you take 4 to 6 seconds to lift the lever.
Moi???
:D :D

I was trying to be subtle.

Amberale

#180: Post by Amberale »

In truth, it shall be interesting to see what work-arounds and extras work best with the Argos with its 58 mm group.
I am really enjoying my foray into smaller diameter lever groups( Caravel and CT1) but also looking forward to playing with the Argos.