Announced: Argos lever espresso machine by Odyssey Espresso - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#11: Post by TenLayers »

The email that came into today is on point and instills nothing but confidence that he's going to bring this to market.

LewBK

#12: Post by LewBK »

How tall is it? Would this fit under a traditional 18" or 19" cabinet? Could one pull a shot with it under the cabinet or would one need to slide it out to raise the arm and pull the shot?

Jeff
Team HB

#13: Post by Jeff »

My understanding is that this is a preliminary drawing and that the design has changed somewhat.

From https://discord.com/channels/7269855440 ... 2863930428

gr8brew

#14: Post by gr8brew »

Could someone be so kind as to send a discord invite for Odyssey Argos.

Cheers,

titan

#15: Post by titan »

After joining the Espresso Aficionados Discord via this link, get into odyssey-argos thread in the #lever-machines.

Maolo

#16: Post by Maolo »

I love the design. Even more impressive was a video showing that it can function (with the change of a few nuts and bolts) as a push or spring lever machine. Can't wait to hear the reviews.

bgn

#17: Post by bgn »

I've tried several times to join the discord thread on the Argos, but after being forced to download the app, create a username, password, birth date, and proving I'm not a robot with captcha, I get a "not allowed" message every time. Not that it matters really. I get Ross's updates via email.

renatoa

#18: Post by renatoa »

Subscribing to his youtube channel should provide almost same info, I guess... how much can you say if not showing something... :?

RyanP

#19: Post by RyanP »

There are lots of great glamour shots of the machine on kitchen counters and it does look great, but as somebody who is interested in purchasing, it would be nice to see a new video or two of the machine actually in use. For a planned ship date that's really just around the corner, it's odd to me that, aside from one vid from 6 months ago where the flow stops mid-shot, there aren't any videos of extractions both as a spring and as a manual lever.

hercdeisel

#20: Post by hercdeisel »

I'm not on the discord or the oe youtube but the instagram account has videos of shots being pulled at least once a week on the stories. they're only around 24hrs or whatever it is for stories but they're there.