Aram coffee maker - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Séb

#11: Post by Séb »

Wow, i like it a lot. They should make a manual grinder with the same matching wood and SS, just beautiful. I am tempted to buy one...

andresfranco

#12: Post by andresfranco »

Séb wrote:Wow, i like it a lot. They should make a manual grinder with the same matching wood and SS, just beautiful. I am tempted to buy one...
Good news: My wife got me one for my birthday.
Bad news: My birthday is two months away...

I think it will pair nicely with my Kinu M47! I will report when I receive it and have change to play around with it.
Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571

Advertisement
mtneer

#13: Post by mtneer replying to andresfranco »

Andrés, any chance to work with the Aram espresso maker yet?
-Chad

I need a little bit of coffee and a whole lot of Jesus.

andresfranco

#14: Post by andresfranco »

I have not received it yet. It was supposed to ship in late March but they got some production issues. Last time I checked they were starting to ship units, so I hope I will get mine soon!
Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571

andresfranco

#15: Post by andresfranco »

Look what arrived this morning!

I will report once I have a chance to play with it for a couple of days. It's a busy week for me, so may not get to it until next week or so.

Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571

hankg

#16: Post by hankg »

Any user experience or reviews of the Aram yet? I've been thinking about pulling the trigger as it will fit my tiny kitchen and the simple design is very appealing but I'd like to get some user feedback first.

brunomarinho

#17: Post by brunomarinho »

Hey there! I've been using the Aram Coffee Maker for more than a year now and it still pretty solid and brewing great tasting espressos.
The quality on the cup continues to surprise me for such a small and portable device.

You can check some videos of the shots I did in the past.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYDdVPepKe4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LY_v8Kkn3Rw

You can also check the coffee maker hastag on instagram to have a better picture
on shot visual quality https://www.instagram.com/explore/tags/minhaaram/

In terms of grind settings, it's usually around 15% coarser than what I use for my ECM Classika.
Probably because of the difference between 53mm (Aram) and 58mm baskets (Classika).

Recently I've been doing longer shots (45-60 seconds) with low pressure and I'm really digging this
shot profile. It gives me a very sweet cup with a very smooth mouthfeel.

And on a secondary note, they just launched a new crowdfunding campaign to make the second version of the coffee maker.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/aram-coffee-maker

I don't work for the company but I know the founder and I was backer #2 on the first campaign so really love
their product so feel free to ask questions if you have.

Advertisement
andresfranco

#18: Post by andresfranco »

I have been using it for several months now, mostly on the road, and am very happy with the results. It can be used without preheating with medium and medium-dark roasts. For lighter roasts you need to preheat.

I still plan to write a more detailed account of my use, but for now let me just share this video pulling a shot of Counter Culture's delicious Mohsen Said. :D :D :D
Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571

brunomarinho

#19: Post by brunomarinho »

andresfranco wrote:I have been using it for several months now, mostly on the road, and am very happy with the results. It can be used without preheating with medium and medium dark roasts. For lighter roasts you need to preheat.

I still pan to write a more detailed account of my use, but for now let me just share this video pulling a shot of Counter Culture's delicious Mohsen Said. :D :D :D
nice shot. I don't really use dark roast for espresso. I mostly brew medium and usually
prefer single origins with tends to be a lot more exotic on the cup. I usually preheat it
twice w water off the boil for 1 minute before I start making coffee which gives me around
90 celsius on the cup.

I believe you're not using the base to hold the coffee maker as you should.
It should be attached to the base without the portafilter and then you can assemble the
portafilter from below it so it becomes a better fit!

andresfranco

#20: Post by andresfranco »

brunomarinho wrote: I believe you're not using the base to hold the coffee maker as you should.
It should be attached to the base without the portafilter and then you can assemble the
portafilter from below it so it becomes a better fit!
I tried using it with the base the way you describe, but I travel so much that it became easier to just let it sit on top (instead of assembling/disassembling every time.
Andrés Franco

LMWDP #571