Any way to prevent portafilter from popping off on Elektra Microcasa a Leva? - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
boren (original poster)

#11: Post by boren (original poster) »

@peacecup - are you aware of a store who sells thicker gasket? I would definitely prefer one over what is normally used for this machine.

cizeta

#12: Post by cizeta »

My my portafilter used to pop off occasionally. But since I switched to a naked portafilter from naked -espresso it hasn't happened once.

boren (original poster)

#13: Post by boren (original poster) »

This is the response I received in email from Elektra:
You can try to contact our current distributor at this direction:

[Distributor name]

For your information we do not have different (thicker) gasket sizes and from our experience we can suggest that the problem you described can be because of:

- Dirt or coffee residues on the group which prevent the correct closing of the portafiler
- Worn-out gasket
- Thinning of the portafilter "wings" due to the intense use and the age of the machine which no longer have a good grip.

Hope the dealer can help you, maybe by providing a new portafilter as it may be the cause of the problem.

ritternathan

#14: Post by ritternathan »

I would definitely look at the ears or wings on the portafilter itself and see if they are worn or warped.

VCH

#15: Post by VCH »

Hello everybody. Similar problem happened to me recently - please see more here:
Elektra Microcasa a Leva - Portafilter "explosion"!
Should we unite the two topics?