Any lever machines comparable to the Odyssey or Strietman? - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
User avatar
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#41: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

drgary wrote:This is why I like having a Cafelat Robot in addition to my other espresso machines.
And I love my Espresso Forge. The Robot and the Forge also give you an incredible travel kit if you like.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

User avatar
beer&mathematics

#42: Post by beer&mathematics »

Idfixe wrote:Not sure about odyssey being the only mahcine worth it...
What about the manument?

https://manument.com/en/manument-leva-machine
Alien? Anyone see Ridley Scott Alien when they look at this?

No? ok, carry on! Please forgive me!
LMWDP #431

espressotime

#43: Post by espressotime »

Still a great combo to me.Love the Cremina.
Grind,rake ,tamp and enjoy a great espresso.( by F. G.)

eltakeiteasy

#44: Post by eltakeiteasy »

CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:And I love my Espresso Forge. The Robot and the Forge also give you an incredible travel kit if you like.
The poor man's "travel" CT2:
LMWDP #672.

YeetSkeeterson

#45: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

Recently had a power outage likely due to construction nearby. Since I couldn't really cook or do anything else I had planned I simply went out back, put my kettle over some fire and pulled a shot on my Robot. I toasted a homemade cinnamon bun that I had leftover on some cast iron, and it was a nice time.

Idfixe

#46: Post by Idfixe »

I'm sorry but I have no clue what you are talking about :D

Amberale

#47: Post by Amberale »

YeetSkeeterson wrote:Recently had a power outage likely due to construction nearby. Since I couldn't really cook or do anything else I had planned I simply went out back, put my kettle over some fire and pulled a shot on my Robot. I toasted a homemade cinnamon bun that I had leftover on some cast iron, and it was a nice time.
I did the same, coffee wise, with a 50 year old Faema Baby last week due to som major storms, but it still isn't a Strietman or an Argos.
A Strietman can do the same with a kettle to boil water in a power failure but the workflow of it or the Odyssey should be much simpler under normal circumstances.

wojtowip
Supporter ♡

#48: Post by wojtowip »

Amberale wrote:A Strietman can do the same with a kettle to boil water in a power failure but the workflow of it or the Odyssey should be much simpler under normal circumstances.
Thanks for actually reminding me this is possible. Somehow I never consider that the Strietman can be used without power, no idea how I didn't connect the dots. Now I have a coffee back up plan.
LMWDP #694

YeetSkeeterson

#49: Post by YeetSkeeterson »

Once the Odyssey is out, I may or may not buy one. That's my relatively logical philosophy.

Completely satisfied with my Robot for now.

metaphysicalist

#50: Post by metaphysicalist »

I loved the Robot, but my Robot has never been used after the day my Strietman CT2 arrived.