ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva vs. Nurri L-Type Leva - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Cuprajake

#31: Post by Cuprajake »

I can confirm the acs Evo leva 2 comes with a blank for flushing.

This came today

★ Helpful

ShotClock
Supporter ♡

#32: Post by ShotClock »

Very nice! Does this have the safety system? How quiet is the pump compared to the Bianca? Trying not to get too excited for mine, keep telling myself it's probably a month away...

Cuprajake

#33: Post by Cuprajake »

Yeah had the safety system.

Pump is alot quieter than the old Evo gear pump. The Bianca prob on a par if not a tad quieter

Primacog

#34: Post by Primacog »

Congrats on the new evo Jake! So that would be the bianca on the block then?
LMWDP #729

Cuprajake

#35: Post by Cuprajake »

bianca sale funded the evo haha

went a while a go,

cheers :D

LuckyMark

#36: Post by LuckyMark »

Cuprajake, you received one of the earliest V2 of the ACS Evo Leva, you have had it 5 weeks, what is your opinion now. Asking as like your reviews . Still like it as much as when you first got it?

Cuprajake

#37: Post by Cuprajake »

hi,

erm well

it had an issue the first evening of use, which ment it needed parts to come from italy,

i emailed a list to maria and she organised the parts to be sent out to me, they arrived around 18 days later and i fitted them,
the coffee it makes is just as good as the evo1 i had, the added pressure release system is very accurate, and while i didnt see the need of it, i used it every shot, very easy very simple, mine had an added flush lever prototype that allows the group to be flushed,

sadly the 18 days that it took for the bits to come, really got under my skin - and it made me not want to keep the machine, so i sold it to a friend, and replaced it with something else.

cheers

LuckyMark

#38: Post by LuckyMark »

Jake, thanks very much for your thoughts and I am sorry the spares delay got to you. I think ACS only sell direct? To be honest 18 days is probably what I would expect to Australia, but to the UK that does seem quite a while to leave you hanging on a new machine. It makes me wonder how long to Australia. Out of interest what did you replace it with, from memory you have had a Bianca and the two ACS.

Cuprajake

#39: Post by Cuprajake »

half of that uk post being its usual amazing self!

LuckyMark

#40: Post by LuckyMark »

That makes sense about the post taking a chunk of the time, I assume made worse since leaving the EU. That said, it would have been nice for them to overnight FedEx the parts especially as it was brand new and given your relationship with Davec, the unofficial designer /demonstrator/ tester for the Evo.

I will say the Decent is a surprise, you definitely have a wide range of machine experiences under your belt! I was going to guess vintage Lambro or similar. Everyone raves about Decent backup and if you need spares they will FedEx for sure. It will be interesting to read your opinions after coming to grips with it. I hope you get a lot of great coffee from it!