ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 10

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
LuckyMark

#91: Post by LuckyMark »

Espressotime your video of changing the seal in your Izzo Lever was incredible. It was one of the reasons which gave me confidence to think I could buy an Alex Leva and service it myself. It was very impressive in under two minutes! Thank you

espressotime

#92: Post by espressotime »

I don't see any upgrade.Unless stainless is an upgrade of course.
Grind,rake ,tamp and enjoy a great espresso.( by F. G.)

Baratza: skilled in the art of grinding
Sponsored by Baratza
Ad-85

#93: Post by Ad-85 »

I ordered 2 machines from Paolo Cortese but then I decided to postpone my machine's delivery and get a CT2 for now. However, my friend's machine arrived today and he couldn't be happier :mrgreen: he is so excited that he kept sending me pics of the unboxing and all the extra goodies included with the machine. Unfortunately, it was late and he couldn't test it but he managed to connect it to mains. Here's his all cream Vesuvius EVO Leva with the amazing Lagom P100

Paolo did a great job on this machine and it's a killer! Thanks Paolo and ACS team for making this beauty.
LMWDB #691

Ad-85

#94: Post by Ad-85 »

LMWDB #691

BKH

#95: Post by BKH »

I'm intrigued by this machine but also considering an Izzo Alex Leva. Does anyone who got their hands on one have insight how shots compare on the ACS leva compared to the Izzo Alex Leva?

Ad-85

#96: Post by Ad-85 »

I'm curious too! However, I don't think they produce the same taste profile. Izzo Alex Leva is a dipper and has that declining temperature profile too while the Leva has a gear pump for pre infusion and temp stable through out the shot. I had a profitec pro 800 before and I used to flush before each shot which was a bad thing to do (didn't know that at a time) and I didn't like the overheating. Now that I have CT2, I appreciate the temperature stability and I think it's better than declining temperature profiles. I'd love to hear from @Paolo from Oz who has the Evo Leva among other great machines.
LMWDB #691

Paolo

#97: Post by Paolo »

Ad-85 wrote:I'm curious too! However, I don't think they produce the same taste profile. Izzo Alex Leva is a dipper and has that declining temperature profile too while the Leva has a gear pump for pre infusion and temp stable through out the shot. I had a profitec pro 800 before and I used to flush before each shot which was a bad thing to do (didn't know that at that time) and I didn't like the overheating. Now that I have CT2, I appreciate the temperature stability and I think it's better than declining temperature profiles. I'd love to hear from @Paolo from Oz who has the Evo Leva among other great machines.
Hi Ad,

I have had my Evo for a few months now. It is production #0001.
I haven't had a good look at an Izzo Leva...or experienced any Izzo Alex Leva shots, so I can't make any comparisons with it. The Izzo Leva has a dedicated following of users worldwide. I am sure that they make excellent espresso.

I have read that there are some differences in their groups...which are different and both made by San Marco.

The Evo has-
*a stainless piston and group liner.

*heater cartridges to heat the group. The group's temperature is completely dictated by these heaters, so any change that you make to the PID for the group is realized in the group in a very short time. This also allows the group to reach operating temperature in 15 minutes or so.

*a pump that fills the group for pre-infusion. This pressure can be adjusted very simply in a few minutes but works well at a tad over 2bar. Cocking the lever activates the pre-infusion pump, which fills the group with water from the PID controlled boiler.

*a pressure gauge for pressure profiling.

*dual boilers (both stainless steel). The steam boiler is temperature controlled by another PID (so 3xPID's in total) and can be turned off when steaming isn't required.

*dual stainless steel springs that make the extraction around 10.5bar when you leave the springs to do their thing unassisted. Assisting or retarding the lever in controlled amounts to suit your tastes/the grind is simple by just referring to the gauge.

*the ability to make shots with increasing temperature profile extractions, decreasing temperature profile extractions or constant temperature extractions, depending on the temperatures that you set on the 2 boilers.

*a touchscreen for all settings.

I had a few teething issues with mine that were entirely my doing. :oops: This period was (thankfully) very brief. :lol:
Now, I get really great shots from mine time after time with so little fuss. My Evo shots are beautiful.

I am sure that Izzo Leva owners get excellent shots as well.

I have grown to love this machine....it is ready to use so quickly, is incredibly versatile and makes absolutely magic espressos.

Espresso Forge: brew truly incredible espresso at home
Sponsored by Espresso Forge
Ad-85

#98: Post by Ad-85 »

Oh man! That's what I wanted to hear! Can't wait to get mine in a couple of months. BTW that's a huge endorsement coming from a guy who owns other great machines like the famous Lapera! Thanks Paolo, I always enjoy reading your replies.
LMWDB #691

espressotime

#99: Post by espressotime »

Ad-85 wrote:I'm curious too! However, I don't think they produce the same taste profile. Izzo Alex Leva is a dipper and has that declining temperature profile too while the Leva has a gear pump for pre infusion and temp stable through out the shot. I had a profitec pro 800 before and I used to flush before each shot which was a bad thing to do (didn't know that at a time) and I didn't like the overheating. Now that I have CT2, I appreciate the temperature stability and I think it's better than declining temperature profiles. I'd love to hear from @Paolo from Oz who has the Evo Leva among other great machines.
I can tell you from hands-on experience that the Izzo doesn't overheat. Did some measurements 10 years ago pulling 8 consecutive shots without any pause and the thing is stabil.
What the declining temperature during the shot concerns: Isn't that the reason levers give that great taste? Declining pressure and declining shottemperature during the pull?
Grind,rake ,tamp and enjoy a great espresso.( by F. G.)

Ad-85

#100: Post by Ad-85 » replying to espressotime »

I know that the declining temperature & pressure is what levers are all about but I was giving comparisons. I also forgot that you could replicate that with the Evo Leva (thanks to Paolo for the reminder). Would be really interesting to compare taste on both machines and see if the stable temp is better or not! I love reading about user experiences and spend time reading coffee forums too (I hope that Paolo get to test it since Alex Leva has a huge following in OZ).
LMWDB #691