ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 64

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#631: Post by pizzaman383 »

caffeineandwood wrote:Sorry if this is not the right place for this question. Does anyone here have a Vesuvius Evo Leva and a Versalab M4?
I'm wondering if the portafilter from the ACS lever machines will be compatible with the portafilter holder on the Versalab that I have (guessing not)? And if it's not compatible, if people have found a workaround? Thanks!
The LSM group portafilter has three ears and the standard versalab holder expects two. In addition, the bottom of the Versalab output funnel fits just inside a 58mm basket. I don't see any way to make it work.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

NelisB

#632: Post by NelisB »

caffeineandwood

#633: Post by caffeineandwood »

pizzaman383 wrote:The LSM group portafilter has three ears and the standard versalab holder expects two. In addition, the bottom of the Versalab output funnel fits just inside a 58mm basket. I don't see any way to make it work.
Well darn it! I might have to use a dosing cup or something then... Maybe an adapter of some sort?

espressotime

#634: Post by espressotime »

Cuprajake wrote:Full shot video

video
Very loud.But all these hybrids are noisy.Big let down to me.

Cuprajake

#635: Post by Cuprajake »

Camera makes it worse than it is, new ones have a rotary pump

Pump noise is the only thing I dislike about the Evo

I did plumb it in but the speed of infusion really slowed down which in turn made the shots worse
Plus still not silent, so decided the added need for water filters, possible descaling and worse shot were worth the noise

I did look for a rotary pump 24dc but there rare, expensive and seem to only be available from londinuim

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#636: Post by pizzaman383 »

caffeineandwood wrote:Well darn it! I might have to use a dosing cup or something then... Maybe an adapter of some sort?
A funnel with a 58mm opening might work but you would need to sort out how to attach it to the portafilter then make it have ears like an E61 portafilter. Probably a 3d printed adapter funnel would work.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

espressotime

#637: Post by espressotime »

Cuprajake wrote:Camera makes it worse than it is, new ones have a rotary pump

Pump noise is the only thing I dislike about the Evo

I did plumb it in but the speed of infusion really slowed down which in turn made the shots worse

video

Plus still not silent, so decided the added need for water filters, possible descaling and worse shot were worth the noise

I did look for a rotary pump 24dc but there rare, expensive and seem to only be available from londinuim
Could an external pump work on these machines? So a rotary in the kitchen cabinet.

Cuprajake

#638: Post by Cuprajake »

potentially yes,

but its alot of added cost

Bunkmil

#639: Post by Bunkmil »

espressotime wrote:Very loud.But all these hybrids are noisy.Big let down to me.
Any grinder will be louder than the pump so I am ok with the noise but you could plumb it if you really want to go silent.

Tjyven

#640: Post by Tjyven »

Cuprajake wrote: I did look for a rotary pump 24dc but there rare, expensive and seem to only be available from londinuim
Wouldnt it be possible to get the same rotary pump that ACS will be using?