ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 61

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
DaveC

#601: Post by DaveC »

Looks really good Jake.

pcdawson

#602: Post by pcdawson »

Cuprajake wrote:I priced up the black side panels from acs but landed they work out around £250

So I decided to paint mine

Using 180grit and red scotchbrite, then cleaned, I used syrox Dupont wash etch then upol raptor, 10% gloss addictive and 10% thinners.

Come out well

Looks great alright - although I thought the yellow looked really sharp too. Was that factory painted by acs?

Advertisement
philosli

#603: Post by philosli »

I am very tempted by ACS leva evo. After researching g, I have a few questions based on my current experience.

The machine has a control board. How do people feel about its long-term longevity and serviceability, say if the board needs to be replaced in 10 years, would that be possible?

Someone commented on another forum that the preinfusion pressure fluctuates because how the gear pump works. I did notice this in one of the videos.
How serious is this problem? Does this cause in-cup difference?
LMWDP #741

Cuprajake

#604: Post by Cuprajake »

Well this group and screen have been used in a commercial settings since at least 2015, so that should give some idea of longevity

But that question holds true of any machine with any electronic inside it.

The pre infusion under pump downs really fluctuate, the machine tries to hold the group at that pressure, while the lever is down, this is the duh duh duh sound you hear, this can be changed on the dead band of the pressure stat although that's highly not recommended.

Fyi this is the same as what a londinuim does,, if you have heard the LR making the same sound, the lr24 does it the pump is just very quiet.

*****I recently changed from gear pump toains pressure which was a slower group fill and the shot quality was seriously effected for the worse, the speed the pump fills the group is what really makes the shots taste better. ******this is MY OPINION ONLY*****

Hth

Oh ps the yellow side panels were a vehicle wrap

Amberale

#605: Post by Amberale »

It's going to be interesting to see what effect the rotary pump has on the Vostok and eventually EVO if they change it.

NelisB

#606: Post by NelisB »

Cuprajake wrote: I recently changed from gear pump to mains pressure which was a slower group fill and the shot quality was seriously effected for the worse, the speed the pump fills the group is what really makes the shots taste better
Jake, this is your personal experience. As you know, I also run on line pressure (and another owner) and we have no problems with flow to fill the group. Maybe the orifice of the solenoid valve you used was too small or there might be some other part you choose that reduces flow. Please don't present your experience as the only possible outcome of the mod.
With line pressure I also did get rid of the pulsing pressure during PI, which was, next to noise reduction, my other motivation to loose the pump.

espressotime

#607: Post by espressotime »

When I had my Strega 12 years ago I had it both on pump infusion and mains infusion.The advantage of thelinepressure infusion wax the silence it brought during operation.But the downside was that the shots were way sweeter with the pump doning the filling of the chamber.Pretty obvious to me .

Advertisement
Cuprajake

#608: Post by Cuprajake »

nels,

both you and the other user have a pumps pushing flow though don't you? yours is not straight from a tap supply? and you both are on modified springs, so i know its not like for like,

on my machine it didn't work, so i can only report my findings and results, i used the same solenoid as Abdullah referenced, so not entirely sure.

i would be interested in trying a rotary vane in there at some point, as it should give the same sort of flow but less noise

i do appreciate all the help you gave me along the way though :D

NelisB

#609: Post by NelisB »

Cuprajake wrote:nels,

both you and the other user have a pumps pushing flow though don't you? yours is not straight from a tap supply? and you both are on modified springs, so i know its not like for like,
No, the pump in my watersystem is not used to build up pi pressure. After the pump I have a 8liter pressure vessel. https://www.pump.co.uk/booster-sets-c25 ... steel-p160
So the pump only pressurizes the vessel. After the vessel i have a pressure regulator to keep pressure constant. So the system works just like your tap water.

This is a picture of my water system before upgrading the 2L vessel to the 8L version.

espressotime

#610: Post by espressotime replying to NelisB »

So this could even be used in the livingroom with no waterline connection?