ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 55

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
NelisB

#541: Post by NelisB »

SideBob wrote:Although I did not change anything, this works like a charm now.
Thanks a lot NelisB!
You're very welcome

Cuprajake

#542: Post by Cuprajake »

Med dark chocolate point roast

Bunkmil

#543: Post by Bunkmil »

Cuprajake wrote:Med dark chocolate point roast
That shot looked good! May I ask which basket are you using ?

Cuprajake

#544: Post by Cuprajake »

Hi,

Ims B662Th26M

16 -17g depending on bean/roast

It was actually a little tight, I prefer a quicker infusion.

But the evo is so forgiving

Bunkmil

#545: Post by Bunkmil »

Cuprajake wrote: Ims B662Th26M
That's also the basket I use.
Cuprajake wrote: But the evo is so forgiving
It is! I really love it.

boshk

#546: Post by boshk »

this is the main source of ACS talk forum right?
tried seraching facebook group, UK forums, other US Aust based forum...nothing....

Curious on reliability, QC out of box, assistance in service or warranty issues, responsiveness from their customer technical servicing department.....ease of DIY servicing since ACS are based in Italy and not everyone can ship a 40kg machine back worldwide.....

jpaulm

#547: Post by jpaulm »

You could check out the Coffeetime forum in the UK.

boshk

#548: Post by boshk replying to jpaulm »

thank you very much Paul, damn, thats a 2000+ post thread on ACS

daveyb

#549: Post by daveyb »

@Boschk
Curious on reliability, QC out of box, assistance in service or warranty issues, responsiveness from their customer technical servicing department.....ease of DIY servicing since ACS are based in Italy and not everyone can ship a 40kg machine back worldwide.....

Let me answer a few of those for you. QC is pretty good. I am not aware of any machines turning up with QC problems.As with anything that uses components sourced externally, the odd thing fails. The machine is covered by a 24 month parts only warranty. You simply email ACS and before you know it, the part is shipped. The parts only warranty works well. This way they are able to keep the price the consumer pays down as low as possible. When a retailer comes in, you have to add their mark up on then the additional cost of providing the warranty. I am not particularly hands on with machines and I had a sensor fail. It took less than a week for the part to arrive and a friend called around to sort it. When I saw how simple the replacement was I felt foolish! The DIY servicing is like with any machine. The lever is easy to pull out with there being only one piston seal to replace, unlike Fiorenzato group users who have 3 piston seals. The UK forum that has been mentioned has loads of in depth Evo chat as there are many owners along with the chap who was behind its creation and development

boshk

#550: Post by boshk »

daveyb wrote:@Boschk

Let me answer a few of those for you. QC is pretty good. I am not aware of any machines turning up with QC problems.As with anything that uses components sourced externally, the odd thing fails. The machine is covered by a 24 month parts only warranty. You simply email ACS and before you know it, the part is shipped. The parts only warranty works well. This way they are able to keep the price the consumer pays down as low as possible. When a retailer comes in, you have to add their mark up on then the additional cost of providing the warranty. I am not particularly hands on with machines and I had a sensor fail. It took less than a week for the part to arrive and a friend called around to sort it. When I saw how simple the replacement was I felt foolish! The DIY servicing is like with any machine. The lever is easy to pull out with there being only one piston seal to replace, unlike Fiorenzato group users who have 3 piston seals. The UK forum that has been mentioned has loads of in depth Evo chat as there are many owners along with the chap who was behind its creation and development
Great info, thank you, just going through that uk coffee forum now....