ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 54

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Cuprajake

#531: Post by Cuprajake »

Very responsive, esp to email

They are active on forums too, there a family run team I believe.

NelisB

#532: Post by NelisB »

You don't need to bother about that

boshk

#533: Post by boshk »

Cuprajake wrote:Very responsive, esp to email

They are active on forums too, there a family run team I believe.
wow, you are not wrong. I sent them an email asking if they had distributor or retailer in Hong Kong, 24hrs later, Maria @ ACS already responded with a lot of details. Impressive
★ Helpful

Cuprajake

#534: Post by Cuprajake »

Picked up a local bean, as I've run out.

It's more a traditional roast so thought when in Rome

​​​​​​First dial on the niche at 18, group at 90 boiler 98, 16.5g dose

mr_0k

#535: Post by mr_0k »

Hello there !!

So, couple of months ago my friends & I were working on a mod to lower the max pressure of the evo.
We did 3 mods which all effected the pressure.

1st one was an OPV placed under the group head which set to dispose and pressure above 9 bars. ( Two main springs was installed)

Pros: easy to adjust from 6 - 10.5 bars
Cons: you need to modify the existing cap / lost on water volume which led to fast pressure drop

2nd a spacer for the main spring to add more tension to it ( from 7 - 8 bar) ( only the main "big" spring was installed)

Pros: Bar can be changed based on how many spacers you install.
Cons: more spacers = harder job & dangerous to handle

3rd simply do a new secondary "small" spring

Pro: easy to install reliable results
Cons: hard to manufacture

We are 3 owners and we currently using the last mod and testing the difference in taste, until this moment we are enjoying the 8 bar far more than 10.5 or 6.5 from the stock springs.

Personally, I can say the body is more balanced and shots are much smoother.

NelisB

#536: Post by NelisB »

Same here. I am using this stainless steel spring from Gutekunst Germany as inner spring, giving a comfortable 8 bar and a bit max pressure. I want to send one to Paolo so he can check it out.

https://www.federnshop.com/de/produkte/ ... 313ja.html

SideBob

#537: Post by SideBob »

NelisB wrote:Same here. I am using this stainless steel spring from Gutekunst Germany as inner spring, giving a comfortable 8 bar and a bit max pressure. I want to send one to Paolo so he can check it out.

https://www.federnshop.com/de/produkte/ ... 313ja.html

Hi,
first of all, thanks for the hint!
I just installed this spring and it gives me 7,5 max. Any ideas, what I could have done wrong?

Thanks! Seb

NelisB

#538: Post by NelisB »

At what point does your lever catch the puck resistance? If it catches fast (low) the springs are pressed more than when your lever catches puck resistance late (high). The lower the lever catches resistance, the higher pressure from the springs. (sorry, I don't know how to explain in English).

A good test would be using a blind basket, but you won't be able to release the pressure. So, please don't. You could try to grind too fine.

SideBob

#539: Post by SideBob »

Although I did not change anything, this works like a charm now.
Thanks a lot NelisB!

Cuprajake

#540: Post by Cuprajake »

just saw your vid pop up on yt,

interesting mod