ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 53

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
jeffpresso
Supporter ♡

#521: Post by jeffpresso »

How often should we be servicing the lever group? Should we grease it, change gaskets/seals at some frequency. The owner manual didn't touch on that.

espressotime

#522: Post by espressotime replying to jeffpresso »

i've been using the same seal for almost 10 years. I cleaned my screen an bottom of the piston every three weeks or so.
Pulled the group out for a quick clean-up every three months.

jeffpresso
Supporter ♡

#523: Post by jeffpresso »

espressotime wrote: i've been using the same seal for almost 10 years. I cleaned my screen an bottom of the piston every three weeks or so.
Pulled the group out for a quick clean-up every three months.
Do you use the molykote Dow-111 Food Safe Lubricant to lubricate the group, or just clean it?

NelisB

#524: Post by NelisB »

After taking out the piston and wiping the cylinder wall I always re-lubicate the cylinder with Molykote. And also the piston seals.
I replaced the main piston seal with the green Viton one from Nuova Ricambi.
I had a lot of trouble with the original one. Water coming from the top of the group. With the Viton one it's perfectly sealed.

jeffpresso
Supporter ♡

#525: Post by jeffpresso »

NelisB wrote: After taking out the piston and wiping the cylinder wall I always re-lubicate the cylinder with Molykote. And also the piston seals.
I replaced the main piston seal with the green Viton one from Nuova Ricambi. image
I had a lot of trouble with the original one. Water coming from the top of the group. With the Viton one it's perfectly sealed.
When you had trouble with leaking, was it dripping from the outside or just through the shower screen?

Also, how much lubricant do you use? I've never done the maintenance, sorry if that's a basic question.

NelisB

#526: Post by NelisB replying to jeffpresso »

water would travel up under pressure of the PI pump. Like this; (not my video)

Molykote is very stiff. Try to keep it as thin as possible.

Cuprajake

#527: Post by Cuprajake »

So it's been 6months now since getting the Evo and it continues to impress

The ease of use, maintenance and the coffee it makes.

It's a joy to use, and what really makes it, esp now with the energy prices going up, is how it takes 15 minutes to be ready to brew and even when I want to change brew temps from mine to the Mrs beans it's only a few minutes to change 3degrees.

Ad-85

#528: Post by Ad-85 »

I already sold my evo leva but it had some issues (broken pipe and a sensor). ACS is sending me the parts for free and they're paying for shipping too! I own a La Marzocco Leva X which is under warranty and LM just ignored me. KUDOS to ACS for setting the standard for support and I hope that La Marzocco will learn one or two things from them.

LMWDB #691
LeverHeads on Telegram
★ Helpful

Cuprajake

#529: Post by Cuprajake »

great result

boshk

#530: Post by boshk »

If and when the other half (& newborn) gives me 'go ahead', I want to head towards levers.
I'm most worried about customer service and getting spare parts, o-rings etc etc
Are ACS customer service is ok? The above few posts seems like CS are readily available and most importantly 'responsive'
How are they worldwide, US, Asia, etc etc?