ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 6

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
DaveC

#51: Post by DaveC »

Norvin wrote:Here is a picture of the group spares that I got with my ACS leva. Showing a clearer picture of the screen. Looks like I got a few more spares than DaveC
I didn't get any really, I got a 7 year old damaged case, scrap 7 year old group (leaky) out of a bar...bent group handle, control box stuck on the front and no strengthening or bottom plates on the case. My pump is cable tied to the service boiler and my steam taps have big lumps knocked out of the chrome.. I only had a proof of concept Alpha 1 test bed....I'm surprised it's still working.

but I love it.

Essewissa

#52: Post by Essewissa »

Lever with pump it's not a lever for me. The most important feature in lever, strongest point is simpliciti and clean design. For me only bosco design matters. Levers with massive group is not good option for light rost, not bad but dual boiler is better.

Ad-85

#53: Post by Ad-85 »

Norvin wrote:Here is a picture of the group spares that I got with my ACS leva.
Jealous of the service kit :oops:
Essewissa wrote:Lever with pump it's not a lever for me.
I think you are right! I even saw some old dude on another forum boiling eggs with the steam wand :shock:
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

Essewissa

#54: Post by Essewissa »

If I would like to buy espresso machine with so many pid, LCD display and lots of electronics my choose will be NS eagle one prima, better for light rost, more user friendly, faster. Lever is like a donkey. You can put fancy dress, gadgets on donkey but it will not change donkey in to a race horse :)

Ad-85

#55: Post by Ad-85 »

Essewissa wrote: Lever is like a donkey. You can put fancy dress, gadgets on donkey but it will not change donkey in to a race horse :)
Common man! Who doesn't like donkeys!! :roll:
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

LaPeppina

#56: Post by LaPeppina »

Ad-85 wrote:I ordered this machine and I'm on the 2nd batch + I just received that bplus dispersion screen you just shared and plan to use it on this Evo Leva

The shower screen in @DaveC photo is the same in this video
video

It's the La San Marco shower screen

Ok its the standard shower screen. Was already happy, because I thought they send it with the bplus screen too :)

Systemic Kid (original poster)

#57: Post by Systemic Kid (original poster) »

For the light roasts I've got on the go, settled for a temperature set up of 94c for group heaters and 104c for the brew boiler which is working great in terms of getting the flavour extractions I want. Colombian Villazaro natural - singy pineapple. First shots I pulled, had the EKs set to 1.5. PI ran for 12 secs with 1:2 extraction in 25secs. Shot tasted a tad sharp but not unpleasant. Cut through milk well - pineapple aftertaste still noticeable half an hour later.

Systemic Kid (original poster)

#58: Post by Systemic Kid (original poster) »

PI pressure is currently set to 1.5 bar. Had considered raising it based on the received wisdom higher PIs benefit lighter roasts. Wondering if that is applicable with the Evo double spring set up. My thinking leans towards the centrality of temperature management being the key rather than pushing PI pressures. So far, settled on a flat temperature profile with settings as per above which is delivering the shots I am looking for - bright fruit notes without sourness or bitterness. May push PI up at some point to see if it makes any difference but given the results so far, may not be any point.

As there are almost limitless possibilities in terms of temperature profiling not to mention raising or lowering PI pressure, a user experience knowledge base will become very helpful as more owners get to grips with the Evo and post their tips for others to try.

DaveC

#59: Post by DaveC »

Ad-85 wrote:I saw a video made by a guy called [anonymized] on youtube and he used a portafilter attached with a gauge and I think it maxed at 8 or 8.5 I'm not sure. I'll try to find it for you.

I had a profitec pro 800 used it for only 3 months and it had a defect or something it was leaking like crazy!! then I returned it to the vendor for repairs and sold after that and it was my first prosumer machine and I was glad I started with levers. Now I couldn't convince myself of buying a decent tho it sounds perfect but I'm hooked on levers. It's fun pulling a spring lever :mrgreen:
I think you mean this Video, it was pulled against a blind filter...no flow.
There are not many, but I also found this one...made 1 year later. The interesting part is the profile when the opens the valve a little so water gradually drips out.
I found some kits for group pressure measurement online.....looks like they are using a custom piston and replace the entire top half of the group.

https://www.naked-portafilter.com/produ ... ver-group/

Stevebcoffee

#60: Post by Stevebcoffee »

That's the figure I've seen when running through coffee for the L1, 7bar down to 4bar. When I tried to mimic my L1 profile on my Vesuvius, using the same grind that I use for the L1, I needed to go to 7 bar and down to 4 as well to get a shot in the same time. Preinfusion time on the V was a little longer as the pump takes longer to get the water to the puck vs almost instantaneous on the lever. Overall the shots were similar but the Vesuvius can't mimic declining temp.