ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bakafish

#31: Post by bakafish »

pinky-and-me wrote:You can probably simply unscrew the gauge and put a plug yourself.
to make it ugly?

Ad-85

#32: Post by Ad-85 »

drH wrote:For those using the machine, does it deliver shots at least on par with the Izzo leva? By spec it should but I suppose one never knows if usability is more complicated.
Hi drH, I don't think any of them had alex leva before owning the Evo Leva but I could be wrong. I heard one or two of them had Londiniums before getting this machine so it'll be an interesting comparison between 11bars and 8bars peak pressure shots.
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

Ad-85

#33: Post by Ad-85 »

bakafish wrote:to make it ugly?
You could ask for unmodified group head or look into Nurri instead (that machine is gorgeous!) anyways dual boiler levers are a dream come true!! May I ask what's wrong with the Bianca? One of my friends has it paired with a monolith conical and he is very satisfied with it.
LMWDB #691

drH

#34: Post by drH »

Ad-85 wrote:Hi drH, I don't think any of them had alex leva before owning the Evo Leva but I could be wrong. I heard one or two of them had Londiniums before getting this machine so it'll be an interesting comparison between 11bars and 8bars peak pressure shots.

I didn't know Londinium maxed at 8 bar; interesting indeed.

What did you have previously?

bakafish

#35: Post by bakafish »

Ad-85 wrote:dual boiler levers are a dream come true!! May I ask what's wrong with the Bianca? One of my friends has it paired with a monolith conical and he is very satisfied with it.
Yes, a dual boiler lever machine is my dream. The Bianca has nothing wrong. It is very good, but my end game machine should be a lever. :D

Ad-85

#36: Post by Ad-85 »

drH wrote: I didn't know Londinium maxed at 8 bar; interesting indeed.

What did you have previously?
I saw a video made by a guy called [anonymized] on youtube and he used a portafilter attached with a gauge and I think it maxed at 8 or 8.5 I'm not sure. I'll try to find it for you.

I had a profitec pro 800 used it for only 3 months and it had a defect or something it was leaking like crazy!! then I returned it to the vendor for repairs and sold after that and it was my first prosumer machine and I was glad I started with levers. Now I couldn't convince myself of buying a decent tho it sounds perfect but I'm hooked on levers. It's fun pulling a spring lever :mrgreen:
LMWDB #691

Ad-85

#37: Post by Ad-85 »

bakafish wrote:Yes, a dual boiler lever machine is my dream. The Bianca has nothing wrong. It is very good, but my end game machine should be a lever. :D
Well said man! Levers for life :mrgreen:
LMWDB #691

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#38: Post by pizzaman383 »

what group temperature and brew boiler temperatures are you using with your evo leva? Does it have an offset setting for either or both? If so, what offsets are you using?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#39: Post by pizzaman383 »

here is a post that might provide some useful guidance: Izzo Alex Leva - Dosing, baskets, accessories and springs
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

JohnB.
Supporter ♡

#40: Post by JohnB. »

Ad-85 wrote:I saw a video made by a guy called [anonymized] on youtube and he used a portafilter attached with a gauge and I think it maxed at 8 or 8.5 I'm not sure. I'll try to find it for you. :
I believe the Londinium's single spring max pressure is just a hair under 8 bar. My Bosco hits just over 8 bar max. My old dual spring Strega hit 11 bar & I definitely prefer the shots I get with an 8 bar spring lever.
LMWDP 267