ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Page 2

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
bakafish

#11: Post by bakafish »

LObin wrote:I'm not a fan of pressure gauge on the group.
Me either, no matter for the function or the look. This is the main reason that I cancelled the pre-order, but I am still glad to see it on the market.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#12: Post by pizzaman383 »

I am curious how they measure the pressure during the shot. From the pictures I have seen of the modern LSM group head the sleeve has three holes that are open when the lever is lowered most of the way. Once the lever is raised to start the shots pressure the piston seal would normally cover the holes which would mean that the pressure the coffee puck feels would differ from the water outside the sleeve where it appears that they have placed the gauge. Did ACS modify the sleeve/group in some way or do I misunderstand how this works?
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

pinky-and-me

#13: Post by pinky-and-me »

Is there an option to plumb the machine in?

truemagellen

#14: Post by truemagellen »

shot volume of that group is huge so a long shot shouldn't be a problem

the pressure gauge i feel like could be an electronic gauge that reads on the display or if it must be on the group be housed in a chromed square angled block

love the machine, my favorite commercial lever group

Paolo

#15: Post by Paolo »

pinky-and-me wrote:Is there an option to plumb the machine in?
Yes...plumb or run from the tank.

Ad-85

#16: Post by Ad-85 »

bakafish wrote:Me either, no matter for the function or the look. This is the main reason that I cancelled the pre-order, but I am still glad to see it on the market.
I think you could ask ACS to not include it! I think it's very useful and takes out the guesswork + I haven't seen a spring lever machine with a gauge from the factory.
I hope that ACS'll ship mine soon! I can't wait to play with it and try the magical LSM group
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

walr00s
Supporter ♡

#17: Post by walr00s replying to Ad-85 »

Forgive my ignorance. Is there a reason to have a manometer for a spring lever? I thought the spring kinda just did its thing and you didn't have much control at that point?

truemagellen

#18: Post by truemagellen replying to walr00s »

you can slow down the lever and reduce the pressure or assist the lever and increase the pressure but overall no you dont need one. I think this machine has goals of being a more profiling machine so the manometer helps in realtime feedback

ACS makes really good looking and technically advanced machines that may not go into the bar/restaurant environment nearly as much as other manufacturers.

The Izzo Alex Leva is the pure/basic version of this machine. No pump just a large boiler with a dipper fed La San Marco group same as this machine. That being said there is no water tank although it does have an external pump wiring harness to draw from an external tank if you want. It was designed for the small cafe or bar where it doesn't pull shots every minute of the day. It is a completely silent machine besides the fill solenoid. It also runs dual springs at 11bar. Not sure what the ACS went with but i imagine 1 spring 9 bar but please someone correct me.

Ad-85

#19: Post by Ad-85 »

You can retard the lever and choose the peak pressure you want. 2 springs 11bar is the peak pressure as found in commercial lever machines. If you retard the lever to 9 bar max pressure and you like it more then the regular shots without you interfering then you could take out the smaller spring and enjoy the shots you like.
This is the first affordable dual boiler lever machine to hit the market (different criteria than traditional dippers or heat exchangers single boiler levers)
LMWDB #691
LeverHeads group on Telegram

bakafish

#20: Post by bakafish »

Ad-85 wrote:I think you could ask ACS to not include it! I think it's very useful and takes out the guesswork + I haven't seen a spring lever machine with a gauge from the factory.
I hope that ACS'll ship mine soon! I can't wait to play with it and try the magical LSM group
I never thought about asking ACS to do this for me.
I know many people at that forum think the gauge is useful, but I never needed it on my previous spring lever machine even sometimes I indeed needed to slow down the pressure ramp up speed, especially for the light roasts. The lever is not a paddle of a pump machine.