ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
HB
Admin

#1: Post by HB »

It's still January and a somewhat new year, so why not start anew?

For whatever reason, the ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva, updated thread got derailed a few times, so I'm thinking it would be best to start fresh. Would a ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner like to write a nice owner "introduction" post for this thread? For example, it could be a brief review, important tips you've discovered, and a few photos.

Please note primary contributors to this thread should be owners; questions from non-owners are welcome, as long as the conversation remains on-topic. If the discussion steers away from owner-specific topics, it will be split to a new thread.
Dan Kehn
★ Helpful

Cuprajake

#2: Post by Cuprajake »

may as well

so i had machine number 5 of the first evo and have just received number 2 on the evo '2'

this is the first machine
and the second
visually you can see less flex in the machine, there is still flex but all levers flex, the biggest difference is sound.
★ Helpful

chex

#3: Post by chex »

Wow, I can't even hear the rotary pump during pre-infusion. Is it audible in person? How are the shots compared to evo 1, so far?

corichards

#4: Post by corichards »

Awesome. Thanks for the comparison.
Will need to start saving, but very happy with version #1 in the meantime...

Erik77

#5: Post by Erik77 »

That's so quiet. If I couldn't see the coffee I'd ask if you had forgotten to turn it on :D

corffee_beanz

#6: Post by corffee_beanz »

Would love to hear about the steam power on this thing. I'm torn between this and the micra, I love a good latte but I also can't deny with a lever machine's profiling I'd be drinking straight shots more often.

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#7: Post by mgrayson replying to corffee_beanz »

My current daily driver is a GS/3, and that is a steaming monster. When the ACS arrives, it will be one of the first things I compare. I make milk drinks to hide my roasting defects. :lol:

Cuprajake

#8: Post by Cuprajake »

From memory the steam boiler is 2.3l and a brew if 0.8

Plenty big enough, I'm no latte art champion though

corffee_beanz

#9: Post by corffee_beanz »

Amazing! Looking forward to it

Junior
Supporter ♡

#10: Post by Junior »

corffee_beanz wrote:Would love to hear about the steam power on this thing. I'm torn between this and the micra, I love a good latte but I also can't deny with a lever machine's profiling I'd be drinking straight shots more often.
As odd as it may be, I was cross shopping the same two machines. I'll be interested in how the Evo Leva steam compares to my current Cimbali Jr. as both have very similar boiler sizes. The Cimbali with the standard 4 hole tip is fairly aggressive with small amounts of milk. The Micra has a smaller boiler, but from all accounts is a very polished steamer. Neither of these machines are going to compete in steaming horsepower with a gs/3, but that may not matter much in the home environment.
Michael