ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva owner experience - Page 4

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Depresso

#31: Post by Depresso »

Thanks Dave, very helpful.
I'm also interested in understanding more about this precharging you talk about and why you would want to extract above 9 bar to begin with. All I am used to is a low pressure pre infusion and a flat 9 bar shot. I have a lot to learn about lever machines it seems!

Loonster

#32: Post by Loonster »

For stopping the shot early, you can just pull back slightly on the handle. That drops the pressure which will then be senses by the machine, and then it will release.

Maybe a bit safer than pushing the button because it forces you to be aware of where the handle is at.

DaveC

#33: Post by DaveC »

ShotClock wrote:Dave - would you mind expanding on what you mean by precharging with the flush lever? I have never heard of this, and didn't know that there is a flush lever... My machine is shipping soon hopefully, and has the safety system.

Cheers.
I will be covering it on YT, a forum isn't really the place to try and explain more.

just4kickz

#34: Post by just4kickz »

Junior wrote:I received an email for tracking from dhl. Yours should be shipping soon. The box was heavy and in good shape when it delivered. Great packaging and lots of goodies packed in the box!

I had a few hitches with US Customs (probably as I had never imported anything before) and they had issues with my ID. Hopefully goes smoothly for others. Duty assessed seems somewhat random. Mine was about $75.
I see. How long did the actual shipping take? Just curious since I saw that you were on the West Coast like I am.

Junior
Supporter ♡

#35: Post by Junior »

Shipping was quick...about five days. US customs held on to my box for a week in LA though. Never really got an answer why as the crate was not opened for inspection.
Michael

Depresso

#36: Post by Depresso »

Could any owners let me know how hard it is to remove the portafilter and lever handles? I like the wood look but I can't stomach the additional $500 and might instead just buy aftermarket ones.

Edit: realised I'd also want to change the joysticks to match but that's probably a lot harder to do and find aftermarket parts for. Any experience with that would be appreciated.

Thanks!

ShotClock
Supporter ♡

#37: Post by ShotClock »

I forget the exact cost, but wooden handles was more like 50-100 depending on the species, certainly not 500. I'd check with ACS to get exact numbers.

Edit - my numbers are USD, but still, i don't think the AUD penalty can be that high...

mgrayson
Supporter ♡

#38: Post by mgrayson »

There are two different levels of wood handles. Plain wood, and metal capped. The latter are more expensive.

DaveC

#39: Post by DaveC »

Depresso wrote:Could any owners let me know how hard it is to remove the portafilter and lever handles? I like the wood look but I can't stomach the additional $500 and might instead just buy aftermarket ones.

Edit: realised I'd also want to change the joysticks to match but that's probably a lot harder to do and find aftermarket parts for. Any experience with that would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Just unscrew them., they are not threadlocked on or anything like that.

Steam valves are a standard commercial valve, so finding bits shouldn't be a problem.

P.S. as someone said 500 seems high, be worth double checking.

Depresso

#40: Post by Depresso »

Thanks for the info. The price does vary depending on the type of wood. Cheapest is about A$130 but of course the colour I like is A$550 (olive). :lol: