ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - New User Questions - Page 9

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
Cuprajake

#81: Post by Cuprajake »

Think it's a feature that will come to more levers, as become more in twined with tech, the kvdw has it, the nurri has it and now the Vostok will have it.

I personally don't see the need for it in the home setting, possible good feature in a busy cafe on a multi group machine perhaps.

But you don't have to use it.

For me and many Evo users we find the sweet spot to be a quick infusion, followed by a 20-25 second shot removing the cup at the 8-7bar range on the group gauge.

This tends to give 30-40g ish in the cup.

espressotime

#82: Post by espressotime replying to Cuprajake »

Removing the cup at 7-8 bar???
That's almost a pumpshot.

Cuprajake

#83: Post by Cuprajake »

its a 30 - 40ml shot :D

espressotime

#84: Post by espressotime replying to Cuprajake »

So the shot starts at 11 bar( double spring) and the cups are pulled back at 8?

daveyb

#85: Post by daveyb »

Hi Alf, I suspect that you are right! Obviously, if you consistently pull chokers then without doubt the inclusion of the paddle system would be invaluable.

espressotime

#86: Post by espressotime replying to daveyb »

Yes but like I said chokers only occure with a grindsetting that is totally off.
Even in that rare case just wait maybe 5 minutes and pressure is back to 0.
Of course if you in a commercial environment are making shots that end at 8 bar and you want to serve a clean cup I can see the benefits of the paddle system or button.

Starspawn2318

#87: Post by Starspawn2318 »

Have any of you had to open up the group-head yet to do maintenance. Wondering how easy it is to maintain.

Cuprajake

#88: Post by Cuprajake »

Really easy

Starspawn2318

#89: Post by Starspawn2318 »

Thank you!

CaptPat

#90: Post by CaptPat »

Cuprajake wrote:Think it's a feature that will come to more levers, as become more in twined with tech, the kvdw has it, the nurri has it and now the Vostok will have it.
I'm starting to look at spring levers as the next machine. I think the Vesuvius Evo Leva does a good job of incorporating technology to improve usability without intruding on the essential lever experience. Some of the "tech" features on other machines IMO detract from the "lever-ness" while adding limited usability improvement, others seem like a solution in search of a problem. Each adds complexity to the design and whether used or not adds failure points and can make troubleshooting more difficult. I'm a KISS guy, simpler is better, but different strokes for different folks.
Duct tape can't fix stupid but it can muffle the sound.