ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - New User Questions - Page 5

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
espressotime

#41: Post by espressotime »

Starspawn2318 wrote:How do you folks find the pressure profile these springs produce compared to springs that make out at 9 or 6 if you've tried them? Any particular notes about what the 11bar max profiles produce differently in the cup?
The one spring conversion gives s smoother tasting shot.Double spring is harsher.

Cuprajake

#42: Post by Cuprajake »

espressontime, do you have a evo?

for me with the correct pid settings and offset usually 92/98 i get very sweet espresso, dual spring,

we cant compare the lsm group on anything but the evo, when we talk about this as the temps will differ to say the pompei, so its ok saying the single spring is better on the pompei, but its not on the evo, denis s tried it and went back to double , nelsb has a 8 bar spring in his, but his machine is moded from factory also

Bunkmil

#43: Post by Bunkmil »

espressotime wrote:The one spring conversion gives s smoother tasting shot.Double spring is harsher.
You removed the inner spring?

boshk

#44: Post by boshk »

using the pressure gauge instead of a scale for the final shot

espressotime

#45: Post by espressotime »

Bunkmil wrote:You removed the inner spring?
Indeed.

Bunkmil

#46: Post by Bunkmil replying to espressotime »

Interesting. What does it actually do? A steeper pressure decline?
How complicated is it to access the springs? Is it just a matter of removing the 4 nuts that hold the lever to the group?

Starspawn2318

#47: Post by Starspawn2318 »

Thanks. Interesting responses. Do you get the sense that when ordering it could be customized for 1 spring instead of the double?

DaveC

#48: Post by DaveC replying to Starspawn2318 »

I'd clarify if he removed the spring from an ACS Evo, or some other machine first!

espressotime

#49: Post by espressotime »

Bunkmil wrote:Interesting. What does it actually do? A steeper pressure decline?
How complicated is it to access the springs? Is it just a matter of removing the 4 nuts that hold the lever to the group?
It gives the espresso a softer taste..Had my pompei for 8 years with double springs.Last two years with just one.Should have done that earlier.
Taking the inner spring out is easy and takes maybe 15 minutes to compleet.
Remove the nut under the springs and the collar falls out and you can take springs out.

Cuprajake

#50: Post by Cuprajake »

IF you can remove the nut, I did try as I was interested in seeing what a single spring did,, however the nut on my Evo is so tight I risked damaging the chrome group to undo.

I left it as a double spring.