ACS Vesuvius Evo Leva - Consecutive shots and long shots

A haven dedicated to manual espresso machine aficionados.
macaber8

#1: Post by macaber8 »

Hello Vesuvius Owners,

I got the quote today. While searching in the forums, there are a lot of complaints about temperature stability on lever machines in general. Is there testing done to demonstrate Vesuvius'a ability to do consecutive shots and long shots? How does it perform?

Any input is appreciated.

Cuprajake

#2: Post by Cuprajake »

Well you can watch the temp of the group and both boilers to see how it recovers

By the time the next shot is prepped, the machine is ready to go again.

Advertisement
macaber8 (original poster)

#3: Post by macaber8 (original poster) »

Cuprajake wrote:Well you can watch the temp of the group and both boilers to see how it recovers

By the time the next shot is prepped, the machine is ready to go again.
macaber8 wrote:Hello Vesuvius Owners,

I got the quote today. While searching in the forums, there are a lot of complaints about temperature stability on lever machines in general. Is there testing done to demonstrate Vesuvius'a ability to do consecutive shots and long shots? How does it perform?

Any input is appreciated.
My questions have been answered by thelevermag.com:
https://thelevermag.com/blogs/articles/ ... eva-review

This is fantastic. Now I need to read more reviews from them to see how other lever machines do.

Cuprajake

#4: Post by Cuprajake »

I'd take them with a pinch of salt

I answered a question on his Facebook page, with a link to a forum and he immediately banned and blocked me.

Your better of speaking with owners of the actual machine not some bloke who spent a few hours with a demo machine

daveyb

#5: Post by daveyb »

Aa Cuprajake said, but to add, with 3 x pid's you can program each individually and see exactly what is going on. There is no place to hide on this. Yes, I am an owner

NelisB

#6: Post by NelisB »

The Evo has heating cartridges in the group. These are controlled by a PID. PID is set to keep group temperature constant during extraction. But you can also have the group temp decline, like a traditional lever or you could even rise the temp during extraction. I believe most of us keep temp constant. I never heard anyone complain about temp stability.

Cuprajake

#7: Post by Cuprajake »

Advertisement
NelisB

#8: Post by NelisB »

The left temperature is at the cardridges in the group. As Jake demonstrates, it's not going anywhere. The blue temp is the the coffee boiler. The steam boiler is shut off. I don't think it can get any more stable than this.

pizzaman383
Supporter ❤

#9: Post by pizzaman383 »

The temperature of a lever group doesn't always match the temperature of the water hitting the coffee. The fact that the group head temperature never moves during and after a shot when the water temperature shows that it is 6 degrees C different doesn't match what typically happens when hotter water hits a colder group. PID-controlled heaters can't keep the group temperature from rising as it should when hotter water hits the group.
Curtis
LMWDP #551
“Taste every shot before adding milk!”

Felice

#10: Post by Felice »

macaber8 wrote:My questions have been answered by thelevermag.com:
https://thelevermag.com/blogs/articles/ ... eva-review

This is fantastic. Now I need to read more reviews from them to see how other lever machines do.
Man, levermag isn't afraid of some purple prose. Is it written by AI?