Your favorite gear of 2018 - Page 5

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
Nanilla

#41: Post by Nanilla »

Monolith conical or levtamp, both are awesome

N6GQ

#42: Post by N6GQ »

2018 was a very tough year for me personally (lost my mom, found out I had cancer and went through treatment, went through a divorce).

To offset some of htat pain and grief, I treated myself to a Monolith Flat SSP and a Londinium R, as well as all new gadgets to surround them with, lots of green coffee to roast (love the Ethiopians), oh, and a new house to put it all in. Oh, did I mention I moved as well to another state (TX)? I love Texas!

2019 is seemingly better than 2018 so far, I'm hoping to make that continue. The shots from the Monolith/Londinium pair are superb.

Mmmm.
LMWDP #614

BaristaBoy E61

#43: Post by BaristaBoy E61 »

N6GQ wrote:2018 was a very tough year for me personally (lost my mom, found out I had cancer and went through treatment, went through a divorce).

To offset some of that pain and grief, I treated myself to a Monolith Flat SSP and a Londinium R, as well as all new gadgets

WOW - That's a pretty high SWR!

How do you like your new (coffee) setup?

'73 & Good luck in the contest'!
"You didn't buy an Espresso Machine - You bought a Chemistry Set!"

grog

#44: Post by grog »

In April, I was lucky enough to get a 2 group La Cimbali M20 Eleva free, from a very generous fellow up in Vancouver. That was a super fun rebuild project. Then I got a MonoFlat SSP in October. Stepping up to a commercial lever and the MonoFlat has been amazing in terms of shot quality.

My only problem now is that it's so much fun to play with all of this new gear that I'm always over-caffeinated.
LMWDP #514

Radio.YYZ

#45: Post by Radio.YYZ »

1 - My thermosyphon restrictor on the pro 500
2 - eBay knockoff of the BT Wedge Distribution Tool
Good Coffee: Technique/Knowledge > Grinder > Beans > Water > Machine

N6GQ

#46: Post by N6GQ »

BaristaBoy E61 wrote:WOW - That's a pretty high SWR!

How do you like your new (coffee) setup?

'73 & Good luck in the contest'!
Another ham! :) Yes, I'm an avid contester/DXer/DXpeditioner. Will be doing more of that in the next few years...

The new coffee set up is awesome. I am regularly having shots that I never thought possible before on my previous E61 machines. Absolutely love the grinder, does great espresso grind and even does great pour over grinds. With the lever machine I feel "closer" to the espresso than I did in my previous machines - its super consistent and actually very easy to use.

So, I love them!

See ya in the pileups! de N6GQ/5
LMWDP #614

tigerstripe

#47: Post by tigerstripe »

I have to recommend my new Joe Frex knock drawer. With the grinder and tamping station on top my work flow is better and the area stays much cleaner. They are so well made, you will never need another knock box. I bought it here...https://www.myespressoshop.com/products ... w_[url]wcB[/url]

tamadrummer

#48: Post by tamadrummer replying to tigerstripe »

do you have your grinder on top of the knock drawer? If so, does it make noise or rattle at all?

yakster
Supporter ♡

#49: Post by yakster »

My new Aillio Bullet R1 roaster is on track for my favorite gear of 2019.
-Chris

LMWDP # 272

Jake_G
Team HB

#50: Post by Jake_G »

Ric858 wrote:I'd love to hear about the new coffee gear you guys are loving both big and small. Share some pics.
Needle Valve in my Rancilio S20.

And

SSP Burrs in my Mazzer Super Jolly

Cheers!

-Jake
LMWDP #704