Your Coffee Your Images

Want to talk espresso but not sure which forum? If so, this is the right one.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz

#1: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz »

@TomC and I just got some LED lights for our cameras. Thought it might be fun for people to post whatever images they like, kinda like the Greens or Crazy Sh*t thread.

Here is one taken with my 105Macro with the new light on a Nikon Z5.

CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___
Artisan Quick Start Guide
http://bit.ly/ArtisanQuickStart

TenLayers
Supporter ♡

#2: Post by TenLayers »

You should Photoshop this image inside the cup in the middle.

Cerini Coffee & Gifts: official US importer for Olympia Express
Sponsored by Cerini Coffee & Gifts
baldheadracing
Supporter ♡

#3: Post by baldheadracing »

Nice juxtaposition!

I took this yesterday - end-of-shot lever foam.

What I'm interested in is my worst espresso being fantastic - James Hoffmann
★ Helpful

CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster)

#4: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

TenLayers wrote:You should Photoshop this image inside the cup in the middle.

Good idea, will give that a go next round.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___

#5: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

baldheadracing wrote:Nice juxtaposition!

I took this yesterday - end-of-shot lever foam.

Craig, that is fun. Haven't seen that before. Almost looks like beer. Or at least I was wishing for one.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___

TomC
Team HB

#6: Post by TomC »

I just took this a few minutes ago. None of my new lights, I need to grab some more batteries. But I just got this new Peruvian blend from Linea Caffe. I didn't even open it yet, but I thought it'd make a good photo. You can get the bag of coffee and a custom printed Fellow insulated travel mug at Linea here

TomC
Team HB

#7: Post by TomC »

San Francisco has some amazing bakeries. My wife tends to have a knack for tracking down the best Parisian ones and helping break my diet. This croissant was from Le Marais Bakery here in SF, paired with a delicious espresso from de Fer Coffee out of Pittsburg. Yummy stuff and the fragrance of the fresh-ground coffee lingered in the apartment for nearly 4 hours. Very beautiful browned butter aroma. Loved it!

Espresso Vision: the perfect cup of coffee starts with understanding your roast
Sponsored by Espresso Vision
EddyQ

#8: Post by EddyQ »

Nice photos!
CarefreeBuzzBuzz wrote:@TomC and I just got some LED lights for our cameras.
I did some looking at LED lights before the holidays. There are some cool features on some! Like variable color temperatures and more. I haven't yet got one, but am still interested.
LMWDP #671

TomC
Team HB

#9: Post by TomC »

EddyQ wrote:Nice photos!

I did some looking at LED lights before the holidays. There are some cool features on some! Like variable color temperatures and more. I haven't yet got one, but am still interested.

I decided that 2021 would be my starting point for moving up my amateur photography to the next level, mainly, shooting on a tripod and getting the ISO back down to 100 where it belongs, using studio lights as necessary. Michael and I have been chatting most of this year about various things and BHphoto has come up a few times. We both jumped on some different LED lamps that came up on a great sale over Christmas. I was hoping to avoid OCF (on camera flash) but couldn't argue with the results I got today doing so. The LED's add a nice key light or accent lighting to certain shots.

My small bay area apartment has absolutely deplorable lighting. Almost zero natural light coming thru the few windows I have, so I need to really work at it to get good shots.

If you take a close look at Craig's photo above, that would take more the better half of 2 hours to set up properly, using multiple lights, tripod, remote shutter release, etc...

#10: Post by CarefreeBuzzBuzz (original poster) »

Tom excellent job here. Wow you hit the temptation button.
Eyes drawn to the coffee in focus but brain on fire for the rest. Great work.
CarefreeBuzzBuzz
___